PDA

View Full Version : Still wants orignal CD

XLXVICIOUSXLX
28.04.2005, 22:37
Operating System: XP
Burning Software: DVD shrink/ Nero/ GamesX Copy
Anti-virus Software: Norton (Newist)
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I did every thing correctly, but after the installation i wanted to play my game (Star wars Battlefront) and it says "wrong disk inserted. Please insert the orignal disk into your CD/DVD drive." I have the disk1 in my first divice. I tryed diabling the other 2 i tried with all three disks, I even tried disabling my actual CD/DVD drive just to see, i was wondering if it was daemon tool or will i need something else

NetSoerfer
29.04.2005, 10:20
What program and settings did you use to create the images?

Fender_Strat
01.05.2005, 20:33
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Burning Software: Alcohol 120%
Anti-virus Software: McAfee
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have this same problem. I have BIN files and ISO files. I even have burned the ISO's and BIN's onto a CD-RW disc and inserted them into a REAL drive and still DOOM 3 requires the original disc. What is going on?

NetSoerfer
02.05.2005, 07:38
people, use the damn search function!

Fender_Strat, I already told you to create new images with Alcohol 120%. .bin/.cue don't support any copy protections either! And, just to prevent, it won't work if you mount the .iso or .bin/.cue or burn them and create images with Alcohol from those.

.bin/.cue and .iso don't include the copy protection! Use Alcohol 120% to create images from your originals!

Fender_Strat
02.05.2005, 20:29
What do you mean by "originals'? And what types of files should I make? I can only make 4 different files with Alchohol 120%. MSD, CUE, CCD, and ISO. And what are these copy protections you keep talking about? Understand this, my friend told me about DAEMON Tools and said I could burn my DOOM 3 with it. I then used Sonic to create ISO and then BIN files. Now I have Alchohol 120%. Please put your words in more simplictic terms. I really am stupid.

" Fender_Strat, I already told you to create new images with Alcohol 120% "
-NetSoerfer

WHAT KIND OF IMAGES!

MisterEd
02.05.2005, 23:21
Operating System: -
Burning Software: -
Anti-virus Software: -
DAEMON Tools Version: -

a normal cd contains the files you can see and additional data used by the copy protection. if you use the iso-format, these data is lost and the game won't work.

the mds/mdf-format is able to store the needed information and is the best choice for now. bin/cue and ccd is able to store only some information, but not everything and works only with some copyprotections.

NetSoerfer
03.05.2005, 13:32
Alright, step by step (although usually I'd direct you at the Alcohol 120% support forum, you'll get more competent help there).

Put the original disc into the drive, start up Alcohol 120% and go to Image Making Wizard. Choose Datatype "SafeDisc 2/3". In the next screen, choose mds image for the image type as that's Alcohol's native image format.

Do that with all CDs, then mount the necessary mds file with Daemon Tools.