• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still wants orignal CD

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: DVD shrink/ Nero/ GamesX Copy
    Anti-virus Software: Norton (Newist)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I did every thing correctly, but after the installation i wanted to play my game (Star wars Battlefront) and it says "wrong disk inserted. Please insert the orignal disk into your CD/DVD drive." I have the disk1 in my first divice. I tryed diabling the other 2 i tried with all three disks, I even tried disabling my actual CD/DVD drive just to see, i was wondering if it was daemon tool or will i need something else

What program and settings did you use to create the images?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
      Burning Software: Alcohol 120%
      Anti-virus Software: McAfee
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have this same problem. I have BIN files and ISO files. I even have burned the ISO's and BIN's onto a CD-RW disc and inserted them into a REAL drive and still DOOM 3 requires the original disc. What is going on?
      Fender is the best...
      Gibson too...
      Suck my balls FirstAct...

Comment

people, use the damn search function!

Fender_Strat, I already told you to create new images with Alcohol 120%. .bin/.cue don't support any copy protections either! And, just to prevent, it won't work if you mount the .iso or .bin/.cue or burn them and create images with Alcohol from those.

.bin/.cue and .iso don't include the copy protection! Use Alcohol 120% to create images from your originals!

Comment

What do you mean by "originals'? And what types of files should I make? I can only make 4 different files with Alchohol 120%. MSD, CUE, CCD, and ISO. And what are these copy protections you keep talking about? Understand this, my friend told me about DAEMON Tools and said I could burn my DOOM 3 with it. I then used Sonic to create ISO and then BIN files. Now I have Alchohol 120%. Please put your words in more simplictic terms. I really am stupid.

" Fender_Strat, I already told you to create new images with Alcohol 120% "
          -NetSoerfer

WHAT KIND OF IMAGES!
          Fender is the best...
          Gibson too...
          Suck my balls FirstAct...

Comment

-

Operating System: -
            Burning Software: -
            Anti-virus Software: -
            DAEMON Tools Version: -

a normal cd contains the files you can see and additional data used by the copy protection. if you use the iso-format, these data is lost and the game won't work.

the mds/mdf-format is able to store the needed information and is the best choice for now. bin/cue and ccd is able to store only some information, but not everything and works only with some copyprotections.

Comment

Alright, step by step (although usually I'd direct you at the Alcohol 120% support forum, you'll get more competent help there).

Put the original disc into the drive, start up Alcohol 120% and go to Image Making Wizard. Choose Datatype "SafeDisc 2/3". In the next screen, choose mds image for the image type as that's Alcohol's native image format.

Do that with all CDs, then mount the necessary mds file with Daemon Tools.

Comment

Working...
              X