Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Install or Uninstall Daemon Tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Install or Uninstall Daemon Tools.

Operating System: XP SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 6.3.1.13
    Anti-virus Software: Norton AV 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I hope somebody can help with this as I use Daemon all the time prior to these errors and rely on it heavily.

Daemon stopped working a while ago for some reason that I can't remember right now. I tried to uninstall and re-install the current version. Unfortunately the install stops at about 98% and stays there until I kill the process. I don't get an error message it just sticks at about 98% through the progress bar.

Also, I can't manage to get rid of the VIRTUAL SCSI Controller from the Device Manager. I have it disabled but if I try to uninstall it I get an error message saying that it can't be loaded and can't be uninstalled because it may be required to boot up the computer. I've followed the manual uninstall procedure from this forum about 20 times but I still can't get rid of the Virtual SCSI Controller or reinstall Daemon.

I don't use Alcohol or anything Roxio and only have football manager 2005 and the sims that are games.

Help would be much appreciated.

*Edit* As I was posting I had tried to reinstall and decided just to leave it instead of killing the process, after about 25 minutes I got this error...

DEBUG: Error 2835: The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog ErrorDialog
    The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2835. The arguments are: ErrorIcon, ErrorDialog,
    Error 25001. Device setup error: code 25031 (0x61C7), -536870387 (0xE000020D) . Contact your support personnel.

Comment

Working...
    X