• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comp crash

Operating System: windows xp
    Burning Software: roxio easy cd and dvd creator 6
    Anti-virus Software: norton antivirus
    DAEMON Tools Version: newest version unsure what number it is

i have a problem that when i start my computer after a while it comes with a message that says its looking for installments for a new generic scsi drive , but then it just reboots, this happaned right after i installed daemon tools, but im unsure how to fix it, please help.

BSOD/crash while creating new virtual drive usually points to Roxio crap drivers, so remove them and try again. Check thread about missing real drives in common problems and solutions forum to do this correctly (i.e. with correcting registry!).
    Also check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

delete d tools?

if i then uninstall it, do you know if the problem might solve? thinking about i can actually live without d tools, so if uninstalling is a sollution then ill do it

Comment

Operating System: Windows Server 2003 SP1
        Burning Software: Nero/Blindwrite
        Anti-virus Software: NOD32 2.5beta
        DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Actualy instead of uninstalling daemon tools, uninstall Roxio Easy CD and use a better program for cd/dvd burning. Daemon Tools is not the only program that conflicts with Roxio drivers...actualy almost everything does.
        Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
        In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nodens
          Daemon Tools is not the only program that conflicts with Roxio drivers...actualy almost everything does.
          Nope, it's the other way around - Roxio bugs cause incompatibilty with almost everything. :idea:

Comment

what about...

what about just making a daemon tools without virtual or generic drives stuff? read my thread about it http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...?p=22324#22324

Comment

:roll: Why should we bother if you're unable to give some simple info which may help to solve the issue? Maybe the crash is not even caused by virtual drives. :roll:

Comment

Working...
              X