Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't intall DT, invalid driver message.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't intall DT, invalid driver message.

Operating System: xp
    Burning Software: Nero Express
    Anti-virus Software: Mcaffe
    DAEMON Tools Version: 347

Can't intall DT, invalid driver message.

This is the message

Some driver has invalid name or conflicts with other file or service in system. Please choose ather driver names or make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names.

What do I need to do to intall this program?

Thanks

Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum. Reboot after the procedure, then try again.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your help. Unfortuantely no success yet.

I read through the thread on 25002 and removed the drivers and registry keys.

After rebooting the computer, I attempted to reinstall DT and got the following message.

Device setup error: code 25009 etc etc..contact your support personnel.

Thanks

Comment

Search the board for 25009. You need to check registry permissions. Either you or a program you used changed the permissions.

Comment

I managed to find some detailed information on how to change the permissiosn in the registry. This enambled me to progress further with the installation of DT.

It appears that the computer rebooted intself before the installation was complete. I now have a desk top icon for DT. When I click on it though I get a 'no language supported' error message.

Another part of this formum suggests uninstalling DT and then reinstalling it again via the 'add remove programs' setup. Unfortunately DT is not listed in the abvailable programs.

What next!!

Thanks for your help

Comment

Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash. If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

Comment

I found the windows folder but there is no minidump folder inside it.

what is its address?

Thanks

Comment

Check in system properties -> advanced -> startup and recovery -> if "Write Debugging Information" is set to minidump (64kb); while you're there disable the "Automatically reboot" option, so you'll see BSOD messages in the future.

Comment

I found that the address is at '%SystemRoot%\Minidump' unfortunately I don't know where that is.

Shouldn't it start with C:Windows\ etc etc

Thanks

Comment

%systemroot% IS your OS directory. Start->run cmd.exe, cd %systemroot%\minidump and you will see it.
                    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

I uninstalled some components asociated with word. When I did this a message came up relating to DT. After rebooting I decided to have another go at installing DT. Everything went ok and DT is now installed on my computer. I don't know why but it works ok now.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

25009 problem

Operating System: Win XP
                        Burning Software: Nero
                        Anti-virus Software: Antivir
                        DAEMON Tools Version: I want the latest version to be installd

I have the same problem 25009.
                        I found the minidumpfiles but what do i have to do with it??
                        Do i remove those files??

Comment

No, minidumps apply to crash/BSOD only, error 25009 is related to registry permission problems (see above).

Comment

Where can i change the registry permission.
                            And to what do i change them.(Sorry i'm a noob in those things but i want to learn)

Comment

Working...
                            X