• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daemon tools 4 still going ahead?

Operating System: windows x64
    Burning Software: windows built in burner
    Anti-virus Software: avast
    DAEMON Tools Version: none available yet

hi i noticed on the main page you said that daemon tools 4 will be relesed soon as it was very nearly ready and figured since that was way back in march then something must of gone wrong during that time. looking through the boards i gather it is windows x64 that has slowed you down (it also comfirmed why i am unable to install it on 1 of my pc`s this one lol) but is this stop a complete one or are we talking just another week, day, month? and of course if it cant be relesed for windows x64 will there be a new 32bit one?

i know you must get pm`ed about these questions 24/7 so i decided too post here instead i was going to ask if it is posible to be on the beta team but i can see that qquestion is very well answered all over the place lol

thank you in advance for any answer you are able to give me

Re: daemon tools 4 still going ahead?

Originally Posted by mrgreaper
    i know you must get pm`ed about these questions 24/7 so i decided too post here instead i was going to ask if it is posible to be on the beta team but i can see that qquestion is very well answered all over the place lol
    Well, if you've found the answer to that question, you should be able to find the answer to your other questions as well in this forum. Hint: use the search button at the left of the page. :roll:
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

i have searched and it looks like its going a head but the date of the last news post and the lack of an estimated relese date lead me to think that maybe there has been some kind of major problem and trust me i didnt just register and post with out reading through many of the posts. i am not an idiot i always use the search button. The no beta testers was easy to find but there is no concrete evidence i could find that daemon tools is 1) nearly done 2)delayed 3)canceled (though that seems unlikely for the 32bit ) 4) just gonna take a while

i will continue to check the homepage every day and the forums once a week it would just be nice to see some info on it (not an exact date but even a sorry guys we have a glitch its delaying us it wint be out this week/month would be nice)

please dont flame me for not being able to find the info and asking (i`m sure it was worded nice,i`m not on my edge of the seat screaming gimme gimme or when just want to know if its been delayed by bugs or just aint ready yet ?
      if its a question that cant be answered a simple sorry but we cant say at this time would be fine.

any way its 23:00 here and i`m tired and waffling
      goodnight people and please dont flame

Comment

Well, it's been asked a lot lately, and mostly by people who came here to ask about or demand the release of Daemon Tools v4. It kinda gets on your nerves at some point.

As much as it was a joking reference to the TV show "24", in this case my signature actually fits. I didn't mean to offend you, but one tends to answer questions less detailed the more often they've already been asked.

Just some general suggestions as I don't know how far from release it currently is:

Overcoming the newest copy protections is not as easy as it was two years ago. It takes a lot of time to find out how to rip and emulate them, and if you have to hack deeply into the system to fool them, it becomes more and more difficult to keep the program bug free.

Then there's DT's driver architecture that needs to be rewritten from scratch to be 64bit compatible, and as I already said, these drivers need to go deep into the system to fool the latest copy protections.

So, we are working on it, but as of now it's absolutely impossible to say when it's going to be released. Too many bugs may still appear and take time to be fixed, we just don't know; please bear with us. We're working.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
          Well, it's been asked a lot lately, and mostly by people who came here to ask about or demand the release of Daemon Tools v4. It kinda gets on your nerves at some point.

As much as it was a joking reference to the TV show "24", in this case my signature actually fits. I didn't mean to offend you, but one tends to answer questions less detailed the more often they've already been asked.

Just some general suggestions as I don't know how far from release it currently is:

Overcoming the newest copy protections is not as easy as it was two years ago. It takes a lot of time to find out how to rip and emulate them, and if you have to hack deeply into the system to fool them, it becomes more and more difficult to keep the program bug free.

Then there's DT's driver architecture that needs to be rewritten from scratch to be 64bit compatible, and as I already said, these drivers need to go deep into the system to fool the latest copy protections.

So, we are working on it, but as of now it's absolutely impossible to say when it's going to be released. Too many bugs may still appear and take time to be fixed, we just don't know; please bear with us. We're working.

cool thankyou for the reply. will continue to check every day or so, good luck with the creation you may not get told this much but its appreciated and i would hardly moan that a free programme is taking time to be relesed it was just the lack of concrete evidence that it was still being worked on worried me.

and yes your signature is more appropiate then i noticed lol

Comment

Working...
          X