• Show
Clear All

• I cannot unistall Pnp Bios

Operating System: Windows Xp sp2
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi everybody.

I have read a few posts with a nearly similar problem but it is not exactly the same. I had to uninstall Alcohol and daemon and when I want to install them again I receive errors, I don't know the codes but I think they are the same problems of people in some posts ( 25005 or something) The problem is that I have followed the steps to uninstall daemon, I have deleted d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys but I still have in my system devices 'Pnp Bios' with a yellow sign, if a try to unistall it the pc crashes. I have tried it in safe mode too. I have the problem with daemon and with Alcohol. What can i do to solve this? Cause I can not install any version of daemon or Alcohol.

THx

Same problem

Operating System: Win XP sp2
    Burning Software: nero 6.0.0, Ultra ISO 6.xx
    Anti-virus Software: AVG antivirus 7.0
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.37

Yes, I know, I have the same problem, but I managed to do something, to install alch 120%, I changed permissions in the registry, in those adresses, which had to be dennied in permissions for system, but that's only for alch 120%, for daemon tools, there's a registry, that cannot be modified..it's like blocked, it's in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\d347prt on my registry. I managed to delete one of the plug and play extension, which, I think, belonged to alch, and now I can install it, but when I try to uninstall it, it happens again, maybe alch tires to delete that extension which is left in device manager, and that results in hang up :| that's as much as I found out by now...I think that's the same with you, that means the whole registry is messed up...

Comment

Re: I cannot unistall Pnp Bios / Same Problem

Have both of you tried all the steps in this post Error 25002, or how to remove Daemon Tools drivers written on Wed Jan 21, 2004?
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Don't work

Yeah, I tried that, however, it didin't help, I got stuck under step 4, with that registry, I can't delete d347prt entry in this root HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es maybe there's more daemon tools entries in registry? Everything else seems to be ok, but daemon won't isntall, while there's that registry entry..... :?

Comment

Re: Doesn't work

Originally Posted by enemy of the state
          Yeah, I tried that, however, it didn't help, I got stuck under step 4, with that registry, I can't delete d347prt entry in this root HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es maybe there's more daemon tools entries in registry? Everything else seems to be OK, but daemon won't install, while there's that registry entry..... :?
          "I can't delete d347prt entry in this root" Why not? How did you try to delete it? Did you see any error messages? What was the exact wording of the error messages?

Try taking ownership of that key, if prompted, click copy existing permissions or click remove existing inherited permissions, your choice. Set Full control - Allow for all users listed for that key. Reset permissions on all child objects and enable propagation of inheritable permissions. Apply or click OK. Then try to delete the key. Inability to delete that key is probably because of the way registry permissions work and your not understanding of how to take over full security control of a key.

Try reading this Microsoft.com help link for more info: Microsoft.com
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
          X