• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Manager 2005

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6.3.0
    Anti-virus Software: AVG / TrendMicro OfficeScan
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I'm having a really weird problem. I've installed Football Manager 2005 and Deamon Tools 3.47 in both my home and my work PCs. I've aplied patch 5.0.5 to FM2005.
    In my home PC everything works fine. I start Deamon Tools, mount the image in the virtual drive (with all emulation options OFF) and play the game without any problems.
    In my work PC however when I start the game it's copy protection issues a warning that Deamon Tools is installed and tells me to remove it. :shock:

So what's different in the two Pcs?

home PC:
    Windows XP SP2
    hard disk C:
    CD-ROM D:
    virtul drive E:

work PC:
    Windows XP SP1 installed in D:
    hard disks C: D: E: H:
    DVD-RW F:
    DVD-ROM G:
    virtual drive: J:

I'd appreciate any sugestions/ideas about how to solve this problem.

Does it explicitly warn you about Daemon Tools being installed or is it just a general warning that emulation software has been found on the system?

There may be other emulation software on the work computer that's being found. If that's not the case, do you have the most recent version of DT installed there? Maybe you have to rename the Daemon Tools drivers (you can do that during setup of DT) for it to work.

BEWARE: If you deinstall Daemon Tools, it is imperative that you reboot your machine prior to reinstalling it or Daemon Tools will be corrupted.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

If you've CloneCD installed on one computer check if its Hide CD-R media function is disabled, and end tray.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        Does it explicitly warn you about Daemon Tools being installed or is it just a general warning that emulation software has been found on the system?
        The message is: "CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. Please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and re-start the game".
        It's only displayed when I mount the image in DT. If I don't the game asks for the CD.
        Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        Maybe you have to rename the Daemon Tools drivers (you can do that during setup of DT) for it to work.

BEWARE: If you deinstall Daemon Tools, it is imperative that you reboot your machine prior to reinstalling it or Daemon Tools will be corrupted.
        Actually I had to rename the DT drivers because the first instalation failed.

Comment

Working...
        X