• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No icon is sistemtray

Operating System: XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Iґve intalled d-tools, but thereґs no icons in sistemtray, and I canґt get the program work

same here

Operating System: xp
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: mcaffe

i'm having the same problem. it installs fine, but the program just doesn't run. I've never had any other versions of daemon tools installed on my system. the icon doesnt appear on my system tray. i click on the exe and nothing happens.

Comment

Me too. Me too.

Operating System: XP Pro
      Burning Software: Nero, CDRWin,
      Anti-virus Software: Norton

I've also noticed this happening for the past few months. Once the icon disappears, even a re-boot doesn't bring it back. Also, trying to start Daemon again doesn't work, because it's still running.

Here's what I do to recover. Open Task Manager, find daemon.exe in the Process view, right click and End Process Tree. Ignore the warning. Then, just double-click the Desktop icon, and away you go.

I don't use Daemon Tools enough to have noticed when the icon goes. But, I suspect it has something to do with using Remote Desktop, becasue it was only after switching from VNC to RD that I started to notice this. But, that could just be a coincidence.

Cheers,
      Eddie

Comment

Do you use UPnP? There's a bug in the UPnP service that makes icons disappear from the system tray on startup... Weird thing, and afaik there's no solution or workaround for that...
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Nope. The UPnP service is not started.

Cheers,
          Eddie

Comment

Working...
          X