• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error code 25038 help

Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6.6.0.13
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec AV Corp v10.0.0.359
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I try to reinstall/uninstall daemon tools v3.47, I get the error message: "Device setup error: code 25038 (0x61CE), 0 (0x0). Contact your support personnel."

I have searched the forums already for this problem and any others which were similar to this. I even tried to manually uninstall the program using the steps listed in the "Common Problems and Solutions" forum section. So far, nothing has worked, every time I try to reinstall or uninstall I still get the same error message. Can someone please help? I don't want to have to reformat my PC just to get D-tools working again.

Error code 25038 solved

Ok, I was able to reinstall DTools again. The problem was that the registry keys that stored the install/uninstall information were still there. I forget the exact keys but they were in

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Uninstall\"
    and
    "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products"

I just browsed through the subdirectories, using Regedit, under the listed directories above and deleted the ones which contained DTools info. Afterwards I was able to install it again. Geez, can't believe I missed that, even when I knew "Daemon Tools" was still listed in the "Add or Remove Programs" List. :x

Hope this helps for anyone with the same problem.

Comment

Working...
    X