• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMPS emulation not working with CD/DVD-ROM with uniata driver

Operating System: windows 2003 SP1
    Burning Software: nero 6.6.0.13 alcohol 1.9.5.2802
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

with uniata driver (http://alter.org.ua/soft/win/uni_ata/index.php?lang=en&), RPMS emulation don't work, the volume name is still 'NEEDS EMULATION'

I have a nforce4 motherboard, emulation works with standard IDE driver and nvidia nvatabus, but not with uniata
    I use a liteon SOHW1653S on the primary channel, and liteon LTR48125W on secondary channel of the PATA interface

I don't know if it is a uniata bug or daemon tools bug

Is there a reason why you use that driver instead of nVidia nForce drivers? It seems to be in very early beta stage (v0.31f)?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

It is a IDE miniport driver, so the CD/DVD readers are seen as SCSI ones
      so i hope it can help for st*rforce, since some people reported RMPS emulation still works with certain SCSI,RAID and SATA drives like USB
      And i think there isn't so much difference between a RAID controller and a native mode controller with IDE miniport drivers

Comment

The reason why it is not working seems because this driver installs not like "SCSI miniport". It uses "System Bus Extender" group which is not standard way of installing SCSI drivers, so Daemon does not detect it correctly. All ATAPI and SCSI port drivers and minidrivers use "SCSI miniport" load group.

Comment

if I modify the load group in registry, I have a BSOD at boot
          DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0BA80130,0x0000001C,0x00000000,0xF744274F) with deamon tools bus driver

in safe mode, no BSOD, but RMPS don't work

Comment

Working...
          X