Odd problem running copy-protected games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd problem running copy-protected games

I have 3 computers. On one of them, I consistently have problems running copy protected games (like safedisc). When I try to run these games, they don't recognize the CD as legit, and put up a message that says "Please insert the correct CD."

I figured it was the CD ROM drive, so I swapped it with one from my other computer. But... I still get the error. The game will run fine on one computer, using the very same CD ROM drive, but not on my other computer. I even swapped the cables, just to check that. I tried using different IDE ports. I tried all of the possible CD ROM access types (LBA, etc.).

It simply refuses to work --

So, my question is this, does anyone here know what could cause a game CD to be rejected like this, if it isn't the CD ROM drive itself? All the machines are running Windows XP, with Service Pack 2 installed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Had that problem once... I simply reinstalled windows and everything worked fine. When I reinstalled, I Installed WinXP SP1, not SP2.

However, if that does not work, try following this link and download Microsofts fix for Safedisc on WinXP:

Failure is the mother of success.

Comment

Working...
    X