XP STOP ERROR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP STOP ERROR

Hi every one I have Win XP i just reinstalled Windows and downloaded 3.29 and when i install the tool and reboot i get a stop error...no sure what one dont want to reinstallit...so i rebooted and went to last known good config.. NEED HELP ANY CLUES

We'd love to help, but we need more details. Can you post any/all your installed burning software and anti-virus/firewall software. Please also post EXACT error message and number.

Please also explain this 'stop' error.

Comment

Stop Error

the stop error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
      TECH. INFO.
      STOP 0X000000D1 (OXOOOOOOAC, OXOOOOOO02, 0XF909B1DC)
      ST3MP28.SYS ADDRESS F909B1DC BASE AT F9098000, DATESTAMP 3E0D9639

SORRY FOR THE DELAY FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS POST

Comment

BURNING SW: NERO
        VIRUS OR FIREWALL: NONE

Comment

What is your hardware configuration, especially sound cards, and what drivers you use for them?

Comment

H\W Config

I have a Santa cruz sound card with the latest driver from dell I have a G4 mx 460 with DET. XP 41.09 i have an onboard nic

Comment

I don't know if this helps, but I also got a STOP error on Windows 2000 Professional, SP3 after installation. However, I got a different STOP error, it was CDFS_FILE_SYSTEM: the cd-rom driver redbook.sys could not be loaded. I got a BSOD even before the machine rebooted and also after reboot. Thought DT really screwed up my system..... However, I figured out the solution. First, I ran setup from the Win2K Pro cd-rom and chose to do a recovery using the Recovery Console. Once I logged on to Win2kPro through the recovery console, I was at a "DOS prompt": E:\WINNT in my circumstance. I typed the following command (without quotes) "DISABLE redbook" I then typed EXIT to restart the computer. The computer restarted and when I logged in, asked if I wanted to install a "new" CD-ROM drive that it had detected. I chose NO. Then I couldn't see my actual physical DVD-ROM and CD-RW drives I have in my machine. But these forums already post a fix for that. That seemed to solve all of my problems. Apparently, DT does not create a registry entry that enables redbook.sys to be loaded (at least, that's what the error seemed to indicate);
              INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
              however, it doesn't appear redbook.sys is needed in order to use DT.

BTW, I'm using DT v. 3.29, Win2K Pro SP3, Adaptec EZ-CD Creator 4.01 is installed as well as BlindRead/Write Suite v. 4.29 (the latest);
              INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
              and tons of other stuff. HW wise, I've got 4 HDDs, Plextor 40/12/40a, Pioneer 16x DVD.

If you need to know anything else, reply to this post.

Thx!!

Comment

redbook.sys is digital audio filter driver that is installed by Windows automatically if CDROM supports digital mode and you enabled it. Your error means that this driver file is either corrupt or you have other serious system failure.

Comment

i've the same problem

hi!
                  i have still the same problem.
                  when i install daemon tools i get a stop error and i have to load the last correct... but then daemon tools isnt installed and i have to reinstall it and so on.

Comment

Post the EXACT stop error. Also, send the contents of C:\windows\mindump to venom, as he may find it useful in diagnosing the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X