• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD after install of 347 on Win2003 server

Operating System: Windows 2003 server enterprise
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Have just built a fresh server to test some stuff on. Windows 2003 clean install. Only other software installed is Daemon tools 3.47 now system BSOD's on restart.

I've followed the manual removal instructions to remove the pnpbios device and the d347 .sys files and the registry keys. The system still BSOD on restart.

Real pain that you can't use uninstall from safe mode!

So now my server is trashed and I have to rebuild. Not very happy really, I don't understand what else it has done to my system and therefore why it is BSOD.

Is there anything else I need to do to remove this completely from my system or do I have to do a clean OS re-install?

Thanks
    Roger
    UK

Did you also remove the SCSI controller?
    Please check if you've minidump related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I couldn't find a scsi controller at all.

Unfortunately I had no way of getting the minidump off the system. A clean install of w2003 failed as well in that during one of the restarts it went bsod again. I'm now using the dell server assistant to blast the whole thing back to square one and will see if 343 works instead - that's the version I've been using upto now on other home systems.

thanks for the speedy reply. i'll let you know if 343 is better. All this was meant to save me going down the shops and buying a cdr as we've run out and i need to move some images to the server ... hey ho.

roger

Comment

Hmmm. OK 343 even worse - it BSOD's during install from the MSI. Looks like it really doesn't like trying to install on win2003 server.

Down the shops for some cdr's then ...

Roger

Comment

Again no minidump?
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Sorry, I have no writeable media (or floppy drive / usb key) on which to put any dumps at present so i can move them to another machine for email, the LAN is not up and running yet and I only have one system in another room directly patched into an adsl router for these messages.

Other folk on the forum seem to be having the same problem, so hopefully when you guys next do a release it might be more stable in this environment. If I can get a dump at some point I'll send it and ref this thread.

Thanks
            Roger

Comment

Working...
            X