• Show
Clear All

• Can't install "daemon347.exe"

Operating System: xp
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton ANtivirus 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I shall install daemon-tools a "error-message" popups. See the link:

The reason I uninstalled D-tools in the first way was that it said a file was missing. But after I had uninstalled it I found out that it had worked if I started the program "Anti-Blax".
    After I had uninstalled D-tools I should install the new version of D-tools but then I got the "error-message".
    I thougt it was beacuse "Anti-Blax" so I uninstalled it too.

But it didn't help. I have now read the help-page and done this:

UNINSTALLATION (Recommended):

Click Start
    Select Settings
    Click Control Panel
    Double-click on Add/Remove Programs
    Scroll and click on DAEMON Tools
    Click Remove

(After done the automatic uninstallation I got same message, a file was missing, as I got when I tried too start D-tools after I rebooted the computer so the unistallation should be completed. But it seemed that the program was gone. But the "fake-dvd" was still there so then I did as I it is written below.)

UNINSTALLATION (Manual):

Enter device manager
    In Windows 9x/ME, right-click on My Computer, and click Device Manager
    In Windows NT/2000/XP, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and click OK
    Goto the System section
    Delete 'PnP BIOS Extension' - If you unsure whether to delete it, goto the driver tab and click driver details, then check the version of the driver (should be same version as your DAEMON Tools)
    Reboot your computer
    Follow UNINSTALLATION (Recommended)

What shall I do?[img][/img]

You must follow all steps mentioned in thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum, especially the removal of mentioned registry keys, also don't forget to reboot before re-installation.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I read about it a moment after I posted this and it worked, thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X