• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with booting in XP

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Mcafee
    DAEMON Tools Version: Dameon 347

Okay so i have dameon 347 installed and when i rebooted the comp it was giving me a trouble, i tried t ogo into safe mode and asked me wether to load the dtools or not i hit escape and looks like its about to work and then it restarts there, and everything messes up, i really could use some help

Boot from your XP cd into recovery console, logon to your XP installation (admin password required), go to Windows\System32\Drivers folder and rename/delete Daemon Tools driver files (default names d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys).
    Also check if you've minidump related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

hmm ill try it as soon as i find my damn xp install cd

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
        Boot from your XP cd into recovery console, logon to your XP installation (admin password required), go to Windows\System32\Drivers folder and rename/delete Daemon Tools driver files (default names d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys).
        Also check if you've minidump related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
        ok i found my disc, and im having trouble can u give me step by step instructions on how to do this plz, id really reallly be happy

Comment

1. Boot from cd,
          2. let it load, press R when setup welcomes you,
          3. enter the number of the installation you want to logon (usually 1),
          4. enter admin password,
          5. go to Windows\System32\Drivers folder by using cd command,
          6. delete/rename d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys,
          7. type exit to reboot.

Comment

ok im stuck on step 3 to the end, can u gimme the exact codes ill need, cuz im just stupid.....

Comment

Huh? There should be a dialog like "Enter the number of the XP installation you want to logon" or similar - enter that numer (e.g. 1), then it should ask for admin password, which you should actually know by yourself - at least we wouldn't know it.

Comment

ok well waht happens is it says boot frm cd press key i press that key, i let it load it says press enter to contineue or sumthing and r to repair recovery console, i was pressing r there, or should i have been posting enter?

my aim is mentalbakup btw if u wanna contact me........ to help

Comment

Of course R is correct, so you pressed R (point 2) and it should start the Recovery console, where you should select the installation (point 3)? At least that's what it did on my computer last time I tried it.

Comment

ok i press a key to boot from cd this blue screen comes up

ok from here i press r this is what comes up next

Comment

Ok, seems for recovery console does not ask for admin password?
                      So you're at c:\ prompt, then enter cd windows\system32\drivers, delete/rename mentioned driver files, and enter exit to reboot.

Comment

umm when i type in windows\system32\drivers it says its unknown, i know that i installed it in my e drive and not my c could that be effecting it also

delete/rename mentioned driver files? what exactly do i type confused, yes i know im pathetic, but i will bow down to u if u fix this for me

Comment

You must type "cd windows\system32\drivers"!
                          If your installation is on your e: drive type "e:" first to change the partition.

Comment

ok im getting angry with myself for being stupid, but what did i do wrong??? itried both the c and E!!!

Comment

i tried just plain cd windows and it wont work, is there sumthing i need to enable?

Comment

Working...
                              X