PDA

View Full Version : Help with booting in XP

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 16:37
Operating System: Windows XP
Burning Software: Nero
Anti-virus Software: Mcafee
DAEMON Tools Version: Dameon 347

Okay so i have dameon 347 installed and when i rebooted the comp it was giving me a trouble, i tried t ogo into safe mode and asked me wether to load the dtools or not i hit escape and looks like its about to work and then it restarts there, and everything messes up, i really could use some help

Copytrooper
10.06.2005, 16:50
Boot from your XP cd into recovery console, logon to your XP installation (admin password required), go to Windows\System32\Drivers folder and rename/delete Daemon Tools driver files (default names d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys).
Also check if you've minidump related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 17:18
hmm ill try it as soon as i find my damn xp install cd

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 18:15
Boot from your XP cd into recovery console, logon to your XP installation (admin password required), go to Windows\System32\Drivers folder and rename/delete Daemon Tools driver files (default names d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys).
Also check if you've minidump related to that crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

ok i found my disc, and im having trouble can u give me step by step instructions on how to do this plz, id really reallly be happy

Copytrooper
10.06.2005, 18:49
1. Boot from cd,
2. let it load, press R when setup welcomes you,
3. enter the number of the installation you want to logon (usually 1),
4. enter admin password,
5. go to Windows\System32\Drivers folder by using cd command,
6. delete/rename d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys,
7. type exit to reboot.

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 19:18
ok im stuck on step 3 to the end, can u gimme the exact codes ill need, cuz im just stupid.....

Copytrooper
10.06.2005, 19:21
Huh? There should be a dialog like "Enter the number of the XP installation you want to logon" or similar - enter that numer (e.g. 1), then it should ask for admin password, which you should actually know by yourself - at least we wouldn't know it. ;)

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 19:45
ok well waht happens is it says boot frm cd press key i press that key, i let it load it says press enter to contineue or sumthing and r to repair recovery console, i was pressing r there, or should i have been posting enter?

my aim is mentalbakup btw if u wanna contact me........ to help

Copytrooper
10.06.2005, 19:50
Of course R is correct, so you pressed R (point 2) and it should start the Recovery console, where you should select the installation (point 3)? At least that's what it did on my computer last time I tried it.

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 20:45
ok i press a key to boot from cd this blue screen comes up

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/anarchyway/P6100096.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/anarchyway/P6100095.jpg

ok from here i press r this is what comes up next

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/anarchyway/P6100097.jpg

Copytrooper
10.06.2005, 20:49
Ok, seems for recovery console does not ask for admin password?
So you're at c:\ prompt, then enter cd windows\system32\drivers, delete/rename mentioned driver files, and enter exit to reboot.

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 20:55
umm when i type in windows\system32\drivers it says its unknown, i know that i installed it in my e drive and not my c could that be effecting it also

delete/rename mentioned driver files? what exactly do i type confused, yes i know im pathetic, but i will bow down to u if u fix this for me

Copytrooper
10.06.2005, 21:01
You must type "cd windows\system32\drivers"!
If your installation is on your e: drive type "e:" first to change the partition.

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 21:16
ok im getting angry with myself for being stupid, but what did i do wrong??? itried both the c and E!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/anarchyway/P6100097.jpg

anarchyway
10.06.2005, 23:54
i tried just plain cd windows and it wont work, is there sumthing i need to enable?

anarchyway
11.06.2005, 00:09
Recovery Console: Allow automatic administrative logon
Recovery Console: Allow floppy copy and access to all drives and folders
Once you enable the second one, Recovery Console will allow you to use Set command, which has four options:
- allowwildcards - allows using wild cards
- allowpaths - this allows using cd command with all folders and drives
- allowremovablemedia - allows file copy to any removable media
- nocopyprompt - eliminates prompt when overwriting existing file during copy.
using the syntax set optionname = TRUE(FALSE). Be careful, you need a space before and after "=" sign.
You can speed up the refresh of the effective security policy by running secedit /refreshpolicy machine_policy

i need to enable cd some how err im real confused