Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Remove Pnp BIOS Extention

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition SP2
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120%(latest) BlindWrite 5(latest)
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Internet Security 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

For some reason when I try to launch Daemon tools, sometimes it gives me a error that it could not start. (Forgot what it said). So I uninstalled it, during uninstallation it gave some error. Then I restarted but when I look in Device manager the PnP BIOS Extension is still there with a "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" If I click uninstall device manager crashes. So I cannot remove it. I have tried everything in the sticky in the "Common Problems and Solutions Sections"

Operating System: win XP sp1 moded by me
    Burning Software: nero 6 ultra
    Anti-virus Software: anti vir xp
    DAEMON Tools Version: 0.79

1. Open device manager (SCSI/RAID Controllers section) and delete SCSI controller with name corresponding with name of Daemon driver (miniport driver name). If you have problems doing it (eg. system crashes) then start from step 3 (skip steps 1 and 2).

2. Open device manager (System devices section) and delete device with driver corresponding with Daemon driver (bus driver name). In current versions of Daemon Tools it is 'PnP BIOS Extension' but most likely it may change in next versions. Again, if you have some problems doing it, skip this step

3. Find Daemon driver files in Windows\System32\Drivers folder
    (in Win95/98/ME also check Windows\System\IOSUBSYS folder).
    Make sure your system is configured to display system files (ControlPanel->Tools->FolderOptions->View) in order you can see them. Delete Daemon driver files.
    default v3.46 driver file names are d346bus.sys and d346prt.sys
    default v3.47 driver file names are d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys

4. reebot

5. In WinNT/2000/XP/2003 open registry editor and check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es for entries with same names as Daemon driver files. Delete these keys. If you can't delte them rightclick the key and set the rights of access and retry to delte them.

6. Reboot your system. If you executed steps 1 and 2 then you don't need to do anything anymore. Otherwise proceed to next step.

7. Go to device manager - you may see some device with yellow mark.
    This is most likely Daemon device which cannot start because it's drivers are deleted. Delete this device from Device Manager. If it don't work continue with step 8.

8. In WinNT/2000/XP/2003 open registry editor and check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\S CSI for entries with same names as Daemon drives. Delete these keys. If you can't delte them rightclick the key and set the rights of access and retry to delte them.
    Eat your beans before they eat you!

Comment

Yeah I tried that all already. Device manager just freezes when I try to remove the PnP BIOS Extension.

Comment

Originally Posted by masteryoda34
        Yeah I tried that all already. Device manager just freezes when I try to remove the PnP BIOS Extension.
        if this happens, you have to delete the driver manually.
        delete this key:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\S CSI

Go under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\SYSTEM
        and you'll find some entrys like "0000", "0001", "0002"...
        Click on the key.
        Then you can see the name of the PnP Extension (DeviceDesc)
        If it's the right one, delete the hole key.
        /!\ If you can't delete a key, you have to right-click on the key and set the permissions/!\

After that the "PnP Bio Extension" should be removed from your device manager.

I think I have to code a deinstallation for that -.-
        Eat your beans before they eat you!

Comment

Just Unable To Solve Pnp Bios Problem. Somebody Please Help.

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows XP (SERVICE PACK 2)
          BURNING SOFTWARE: NERO 6 ULTRA EDITION, EASY CD-DA.
          ANTI-VIRUS: AVG PROFESSIONAL 7.1.384

i just am unable to get this thing removed from my device manager following the instructions above. please can somebody tell me a more comprehnsive approach to this problem. i m a newbie at this n dunno much. any help will be highly appreciated.

thnx in advance

NewCreed

Comment

Working...
          X