Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible BSOD conflict between BlindWrite and Daemon-Tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible BSOD conflict between BlindWrite and Daemon-Tools?

Something on one of my systems is interfering with Daemon-Tools 3.29. Every time, without fail, I try to install v3.29 my machine blue screens with this error:
    Code:
    *** STOP: 0x00000026 (0x000401F0, 0xF403BA24, 0xF403B67C, 0xF3268F73)
    CDFS_FILE_SYSTEM

*** Address F3268F73 base at F3268000, DateStamp 3814ae48 - Cdfs.sys
    I know it's not Daemon-Tools' fault because it works happily on two other machines also running Win2K SP2. Something on that one specific machine is causing problems, and I think it might be BlindWrite.

I've searched the forums but can only find one topic in the German Language section - http://web1.athen215.server4free.de/...opic.php?t=461 - I can't read German, I'm afraid. I tried using Babelfish but the English it produces is almost as hard to read as the original post.

That German post mentioned BlindWrite, but I couldn't work out if it was saying that BlindWrite caused problems or that it didn't cause problems. On a hunch I removed BlindWrite while in Safe Mode and rebooted the machine. This time the PC booted happily with no BSOD and Daemon-Tools v3.29 works once more. I didn't even have to uninstall/reinstall Daemon-Tools. The version of BlindWrite I was using is v4.2.8b.

Is there a known conflict between BlindWrite and Daemon-Tools? Was I merely unlucky? What about BlindWrite could interfere with Daemon-Tools and cause this problem?

Try to uninstall Blindwrite, and if it works then, try to install Blindwrite 4.2.9.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X