• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is name of Daemon driver?

Operating System: win xp home sp2
    Burning Software: Sonic Recordnow, Realplayer
    Anti-virus Software: norton 05
    DAEMON Tools Version: ?not sure, never completely installed

still having trouble manually uninstalling. trying to follow instruction: "Error 25002, or how to remove Daemon Tools drivers" but am hung up on step 1 : " Open device manager (SCSI/RAID Controllers section) and delete SCSI controller with name corresponding with name of Daemon driver (miniport driver name). If you have problems doing it (eg. system crashes) then start from step 3 (skip steps 1 and 2)."

I didnt change driver names, so I'm not sure what "name" to search for. Device manager shows 2 drivers: scsi\raid host controller, and st3wolf scsi controller. Should I uninstall st3wolf?

I have to admit to being a bit of a newbie, and hate to bother you with my silly questions. thanks for your help.

You must remove such old version by following the procedures mentioned in these threads:

then delete obsolete driver files st3wolf.sys and stwlfbus.sys.
    Also try to remove GearASPIWDM.sys, we had quite a lot dumps showing it in system.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

ok, I went through hkey_classes_root_intaller\products and upgrades...there were no daemon tools present. I did however find drivers: st3wolf.sys st3wlfbus.sys GearASPIWDM.sys and deleted them. I emptied recyle bin, then uninstalled PNP bios extention and rebooted. next I checked to see if PNP bios ext. was gone(I had tried to nix it before, only to see it still there after reboot.) and it was still there, but disabled. I uninstalled it once again and it is finally gone. But now my real cd/dvd drive is missing.
      also, earlier I deleted ST3WOLF scsi controller, but I dont think my drive was affected by this.
      I see the post on missing real drives but before I attempt all that , I wanted to report what I had done so far. Any suggestions??

thanks for all your help

Comment

You must remove GearASPI from list of filter drivers in registry, it's mentioned in the thread about missing real drives.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

GearASPI filter drivers aren't mentioned anywhere else that I can find. Are these the instructions I should follow? :
          "Open the
          HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E 965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} key which controls 'DVD/CD-ROM' class of devices and check 'UpperFilter' and 'LowerFilter' values."

If so I'm not sure how to do this. And if I figure out how to open this then what should the U&L filter values be?

I'm really quite new at this and truely appreciate all your help.

Comment

I just did a system restore to before I installed daemon tools, and everything seems ok. Is there any reason why I shouldn't have done this to begin with? Am I missing something?

Thanks again.

PS-just reinstalled, every thing looks GREAT. Can't wait to try it out
            Copytrooper and all y'all are the fking bomb. :twisted:

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper View Post
              You must remove such old version by following the procedures mentioned in these threads:
              Home page :: DAEMON-Tools.cc
              Home page :: DAEMON-Tools.cc
              then delete obsolete driver files st3wolf.sys and stwlfbus.sys.
              Also try to remove GearASPIWDM.sys, we had quite a lot dumps showing it in system.
              What are the links to fix this error it is driving me nuts and these links just bring me to the homepage

Comment

Ok thanks this seems to have fixed the problem of ST3WOLF SCSI Controller constantly trying to install at startup. I searched the registry for all references of st3wolf.sys and deleted them. I also deleted the files st3wolf.sys & stwlfbus.sys from C:\windows\system32\drivers and uninstalled ST3WOLF SCSI Controller from device manager. Couldn't find GearASPIWDM.sys so hope all is going to stay as is now, thanks for the help. But now I see an exclamation mark on PNP in Device Manager>???????

Comment

Here you can find the new links for those removal instructions of remains of DT versions prior to 3.43:
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                  X