Daemon Tools seems to not emulate SafeDisc v2.40.010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools seems to not emulate SafeDisc v2.40.010

I have something to report. Daemon Tools seems to not emulate SafeDisc v2.40.010 correctly. I tried to use Daemon Tools fastdump to create images of Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge and Global Operations. Both are SafeDisc v2.40.010 copy protected games, but even following the fastdump instructions doesn't work. I tried ALL THE PROGRAMS from the daemon tools site (BlindRead, Alcohol, CloneCD, Discjugller, every single program listed there!);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    but no success. And I am sure I have even chosen the correct settings (for example, Safedisc 2 profile on alcohol, settings on the tutorials for cloneCD and Discjuggler);
    INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
    but I still can't solve this problem.

Can anyone help me please?

Have you tried imaging WITHOUT using fastdump?

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
      Have you tried imaging WITHOUT using fastdump?
      Here's the result: slowness.

Comment

@Yes of course it will be slow. Do you sleep? Can you not set it up to read one night, which is what I do...

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
          @Yes of course it will be slow. Do you sleep? Can you not set it up to read one night, which is what I do...
          Ok, then. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Red Alert2 works exellent with fastdump. Do you mean the dump is still slow for you after you run the game and try to dump (without ejecting CD)? On what CDROM you try it (where is it connected) and in which OS?

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
              Red Alert2 works exellent with fastdump. Do you mean the dump is still slow for you after you run the game and try to dump (without ejecting CD)? On what CDROM you try it (where is it connected) and in which OS?
              That's Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2. I had success dumping it. What I was talking about is Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge!

Comment

Ok, I have now made a working image without using fastdump. For those who want to make images of the safedisc version I mentioned, do not use fastdump. Instead, use BlindRead and burn the image as an ISO file and mount the corresponding BWT file with Daemon Tools. Of course, I do not intend to give away this information for piracy. I own the original copy of both Yuri's Revenge and Global Operations. Now, if you use it for piracy, I am NOT responsible.

I hope I helped many people.

P.S.: It may seem that burning an image of these games takes an eternity, but it didn't take more than one hour in my PC. Of course, this depends on several factors such as the CD reader, the burning program and the game you are burning. Here is some information about my test:

CD reader: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B (LG is the manufacturer, I think)
                Burning program: BlindRead
                The game: Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 - Yuri's Revenge (I didn't test Global Operations yet)

Note: the CD reader information was taken out of of the Device Manager in system properties.

Comment

Working...
                X