• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-Rom

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Burning Software: Ahead Nero V.5.5.9.9
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

After installing Daemon tools my DVD-Rom now displays as a CD-Rom, and whenever I try to play a DVD my PC crashes

Do you have minidump related to that crash? If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

may be a stupid question but whats a minidump?

Comment

Sorry
        Check Windows\Minidump folder for .dmp file(s), is there a crash dump file with date and time related to that crash during Daemon Tools installation? Send that file.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

no cant find any minidump folder and i ran a search for any dmp files and there isn't any

Comment

now it wont run cd's

Comment

Re: DVD-Rom (appears as CD-ROM sometimes and crashes sometimes)

I think you have written the least thorough explanation of a problem, ever.

p.s.
              If you want to view your minidump folder: Try pasting '%SystemRoot%\Minidump' without the quotes into the Windows Explorer Address Bar.

p.p.s.
              Try reading and using the suggestions in these links at microsoft.com so that you can understand how to make Windows auto-create the minidump file at every crash/blue screen and also how to make them appear in the proper foler:
              Preparation Before You Contact Microsoft After Receiving a STOP Message on a Blue Screen

How To Configure System Failure and Recovery Options in Windows
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
              X