• Show
Clear All

• "C:\Windows\daemon.dll error"

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Nod32
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

"C:\Windows\daemon.dll error"

This is the error I get when I booted windows just now. The reason? Battlefield 2. I got this game and as it turns out, the guys over at EA Games decided that their game should remove D Tools without asking.

So after installing Bf2 and rebooting, I get that msg. To fix it you must re-install/repair D Tools. But next time you restart your computer D tools will be broken again. Is there any way to fix this permanently?

Thanks in advance.

Operating System: XP Home
    Burning Software: A120, BW
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Internet Security 2005

I have installed BF2 and Daemon Tools was not affected.

Comment

We can confirm that there's NO problem between Daemon-Tools and
      Battlefield2

Comment

Operating System: XP Professional
        Burning Software: Nero
        Anti-virus Software: Symantec v9

I have the same problem as Flesh, except mine concerns the game "Knights of Honor". Same exact error message arises, and I find that daemon.dll has been deleted and a reinstall/repair is required to fix it. On a reboot, daemon.dll is again deleted.

The easiest fix I've found is to make a backup of daemon.dll in the C:/Windows directory where it's installed to. When you reboot, just copy/paste/rename the backup to "daemon.dll" and play. Works, but it's annoying.

Comment

again: the problem flesh has is NOT related to Battlefield 2

we don't know what caused it in Flesh's case - OUR versions of Battlefield2
          didn't showed such behaviour -so either his version isn't a NORMAL Battlefield2
          version or he used some strange kind of "anti-blacklist"-tools. While one of
          it was tested by me and is fully functional and recommendable for unexperienced users that can't do that registry stuff on their own, another
          one is DANGEROUS and buggy (afaik).

@mEGALOMANIAC: What concerns your problem, this behaviour is known
          from Knights of Honor. We consider it as "computer/system-damage", therefore we decided to sue JoWood, but they patched their game and
          with the patch 1.1 it was solved. Also I must admit that they don't delete
          daemon.dll, they rename it to daemon.bak

However, should we ever find again such behaviour, we will sue that company for several reasons on the courts with the combined power
          of ALL related companys (f.e. Alcohol/DaemonTools) and as we license
          our technology also to well-known companys, we recommend them
          to do the same (and we have some major players as customers and
          also the biggest of all IT-companys at all, so I wouldn't recommend to
          implement such bullshit again to a copy-protection, except they want to
          waste all their money and lose all the reputation)

BTW: The Knights of Honor problem was already well discussed, please use
          the SEARCH function next time! Just update your game to the last available
          version

Comment

Working...
          X