• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 virtual disks created instead of one

Operating System: windows xp sp1
    Burning Software: alcohol120
    Anti-virus Software: none
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

somehow 2 virtual disks have been created. one of them disappear when i uninstalled DT, but one virtual disk stays. i have uninstall and reinstall and restart the pc and can not get rid of it. the DT is not installed but this virtual cd allows me to mount an image file. when i activate the disk, the game begins to open and immediately a message box titled 'can not locate the cd-rom' appears, writing 'cd/dvd emulation software has been detected. please disable all cd/dvd emulation software and restart the game'. please help.

Operating System: Windows XP Pro X64
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec Corporate
    DAEMON Tools Version: None

um Alcohol 120% has CD/DVD virtual drive. Thats probally your other virtual drive besides DT.

Comment

many thanks. the alcohol was realy the cause for the other virtual cd.
      now there is a second problem. i have installed the DT. i have tried to activate sims2 from the regular (not virtual) CD/DVD drive and i have got a message 'cd/dvd emulation software has been detected. please disable all cd/dvd emulation software and restart the game'. only when i disable the DT , i was able to activate the game. is there an option to run DT in paraler with SIMS2 ? Same thing happend wth ROME game. this problem happens also when i try to activate the game from image file (generated by alcohol 120) from virtual CD .

Comment

Sims 2 does NOT mind either Daemon Tools, nor Alcohol.
        Seems you've something else running, e.g. disable CloneCD's Hide CD-R media function, or disable Alcohol's Ignore Media Type option.
        Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
        They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
        X