• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot locate CD-Rom

Operating System: Windows XP Media Center
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus, Webroot Spy Sweeper
    DAEMON Tools Version: V3.47

I have installed Daemon tools easily, and installed the game American McGee's Alice easily. I can watch the Undying trailer just fine. However, when I click Play it says "Cannot locate CD-Rom, please insert the correct CD-Rom. I only have 2 ISOs because there are only 2 cds, and neither of them seem to be the "correct CD-Rom". Is there a setting I need to change, should I reinstall Alice?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Download Blindwrite 5 or Alcohol 120% and re-create the images from your originals in its native format, plain .iso won't work with protected titles.
    Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

How do I know what the native format is? Also, does anyone know a good place to get a introduction to Alcohol 120% ? I just downloaded it to get this game to work and it looks like something I would use more often but don't really know how yet.
      Just looking for an easy introduction because I feel like being lazy right now.

Comment

You can maybe see the forum (http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/) or the developer site (www.alcohol-software.com) for help
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by lucasgreen
          Just looking for an easy introduction because I feel like being lazy right now.
          Maybe you should look up the term RTFM on the internet.

I'm really trying to be polite here, but think about this:

You're feeling lazy right now. So you're asking here where we're trying to solve real problems - problems that haven't been discussed to death already or that are not covered by manuals, FAQs, etc.

If we had to show everyone how Daemon Tools (or Alcohol which isn't even what this forum is about) works we'd suffocate in work. That's why there are manuals. They actually do serve a purpose, you see?

Please read the Alcohol help file, and if that doesn't answer your questions, do a search in the Alcohol forums. If that still doesn't answer your questions, ask there, it's their forum that's for Alcohol support, not ours.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
          X