• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Not working....

Operating System: Windows XP Pro SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6.
    Anti-virus Software: Panda TruPrevent 2.01
    DAEMON Tools Version: Daemon Tools version 3.47 or 3.46

I have tried to install Daemon Tool on my updated computer and it does not install. It keeps giving me a message saying:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your Support Personel for assistance.

My Computer is Only being used for regular use, not for business. So what is the problem and how can I fix this problem? Please if anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Re: Installation Not working....

OT Casper, Windows Installer is a built-in part of Windows. So here is an informative Microsoft Knowledgebase Article:

MS KB q315346

Method 1 is something Microsoft calls "re-registering" Windows Installer
    Method 2 is reinstalling the Windows Installer

Here is a link to download the .exe file for the Windows Installer service if you want to try re-downloading your current version. Look under the results list for the version you want.

Also, try running with Administrator rights if you are not already. Try to see if you have enough free disk space (greater than 500 megabytes or so). Try to check the file/folder permissions to see if your install program is not given write access to its own folder or to the %temp% folder (usually C:\Documents and Settings\User_Name_Goes_Here\Local Settings\Temp\).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
    X