MSI Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI Error

Operating System: Windows XP SP2 (including all updates)
    Burning Software: Nero Burning Rom 6.6.0.12
    Anti-virus Software: Zoanelabs and a custom one (provided by my provider)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When installiung Deamontools, a window pops up and is telling me all the commandline switches for msi. (not any particular msi file, but those available in ALL msi installers) (see the screenshot at this location)
    This window is the same when you enter the following when pressing start and then run: "msiexec /?" (without the quotes ofcourse...) anybody got a clue for this?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. if my language is not completely correct, then please forgive me. im dutch...

When i try to install 3.46 directly from the .msi file, then all is working like a charm. so it has to do something with the msi-file in the 3.47 package...

Comment

New thing just popped up. when using the exact same file on another pc with sp2 installed, and ALL the updates (except windows installer 3.1) all is going like a charm. so i already figured out that Windows Installer is the problem for me...

Comment

just to confirm, i'm using exactly the same version of windows installer that you are, and DT installation works like a charm...
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

i found out, that my wndows installer update was corrupt for some strange reason and that it was NOT DT that was causing the problems for me. I removed the windoiws installer update and installed the update again. all went like a charm this time....

Comment

Working...
          X