Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use daemon tools to play back up disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use daemon tools to play back up disc?

Hi im relatively new to deamon tool and had just downloaded it recently. I read up on the instructions the site has to create a proper back up cd that wont be stopped by the cd copyright protection. I tried to back up my frozen throne cd and used alcohol 120 to make the copy since the daemon tools site said that alcohol 120 is one of the only burning tools that would make a perfect 1 to 1 copy. I did so and yet the cd would still not work, when i put the cd in the cd rom i still get " please insert the original disc". I still got the same msg even after i turned on the securem option from daemon tools. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong I would really appreciate the help. Thnx

You've to create an image with DPM data (SecuROM v4.8x) with Alcohol.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      You've to create an image with DPM data (SecuROM v4.8x) with Alcohol.
      How do i go about doing this?

Comment

Just select related profile in Alcohol and it'll do that automatically.

Comment

Just select related profile in Alcohol and it'll do that automatically.
          select which profile? im confused here sorry, i dont recall seeing a profile thing anywhere.

Comment

In Image Making Wizard window at bottom left select Datatype "SecuROM New v4.x/v5.x".

Comment

In Image Making Wizard window at bottom left select Datatype "SecuROM New v4.x/v5.x".
              im kinda confused here, do i burn a copy first or do the step you have mentioned above first? cause i interpreted some of the stuff i read from this site about making a 1:1 that i had to burn the cd not make an image file.

Comment

Copytrooper if its not too much to ask, can you just put the steps i need to make to make a 1:1 copy of my frozen throne game so that i can use it instead of my original one. Thnx

Comment

- download and install alcohol 120%
                  - launch it and create a new image : a wizard appears (not a real one, but a computer one :lol: )
                  - choose the drive letter where you want to create the image from
                  - at the bottom, there is a combo box where you can choose "SecuROM -New v4.x/v5.x". Choose it.
                  - launch the image creation; this would last 5-10 minutes.

- insert the image in the daemon-tools drive
                  - enable all emulations by right-clicking on the daemon-tools icon in the taskbar
                  - launch the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by noib
                    - download and install alcohol 120%
                    - launch it and create a new image : a wizard appears (not a real one, but a computer one :lol: )
                    - choose the drive letter where you want to create the image from
                    - at the bottom, there is a combo box where you can choose "SecuROM -New v4.x/v5.x". Choose it.
                    - launch the image creation; this would last 5-10 minutes.

- insert the image in the daemon-tools drive
                    - enable all emulations by right-clicking on the daemon-tools icon in the taskbar
                    - launch the game.
                    couple of questions, drive letter meaning the drive letter of my burner/cd rom where the game is in right? and when i create the image wont it be on my hd only? is there a way for me to create a backup disc that is a replica of my original?

Comment

drive letter meaning the drive letter of my burner/cd rom where the game is in right?
                      -> Yes.

and when i create the image wont it be on my hd only?
                      -> Yes.
                      Daemon-tools emulates the CD/DVD from an image file. This file may be where you want : your HD, another HD on network, or even an USB key or a DVD.

is there a way for me to create a backup disc that is a replica of my original?
                      -> Yes, maybe
                      But don't have any idea how. I'm not interested about making copies of CDs.

Comment

I thought daemon tools was tool to remove the copyright protection from a copied cd so that you may be able to use a backup instead of your original disc? In any case is there anyone that knows how to do this? this meaning create a backup disc that will run just like the original? Im trying to backup my WC3: Frozen Throne disc. Thnx

Comment

Daemon Tools does NOT remove any protection.
                          If you want to create a backup of TFT write the Alcohol image with DPM data to cd-r by using the SecuROM v4.x/v5.x profile, i.e. with RMPS option checked, then play with enabled RMPS emulation.

Comment

Working...
                          X