• Show
Clear All

• Do you have a Blacklisting Fix?

Operating System: Windows XP SP1, Windows 98 SE
    Burning Software: Alcohol 120%, Nero 6.x
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hi.

I have a game called "The Incredibles - When Danger Calls" It is on 1 CD with Securom 5.03.06.0019 I waish to emulate under Daemon Tools 3.47, but was told that your Securom levels don't go beyond Securom 2. Is there an update?

In addition do you have a Blacklist Fix for Securom titles that are Blacklisted to work with your emulator?

TIA :?

...but was told that your Securom levels don't go beyond Securom 2. Is there an update?
    may I ask you who told you such bullshit???

ALL versions are supported, the blacklisting is really "cheap 'n dirty", read the
    THREADS ON THIS BOARD ABOUT SECUROM 5.8x and related stuff.

The "blacklist" is more of a general "deny all scsi-drives" than a direct
    blacklisting of Daemon Tools.

Also I STRONGLY suggest you to read the threads carefully. I fully understand
    and accept if someone requests for unanswered questions. But all you need to
    know is already here, it's available for you, you only have to look for it.

Comment

Here's your answer..

Alcohol-soft.

:shock:

They just issued me a blacklist fix for their software..

Of course, I will re-image with Alcohol and mount with DT.

Just one thing...

Do I leave your emulations ON or turn them OFF for Securom,
      i.e. Image with Alcohol Subtype Securom 4.x/5/x ?

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Do you have a Blacklisting Fix?

You should NOT need to turn any emulation options on when only using a Virtual CD-ROM/DVD-ROM Drive. That's really only for inserted CD's that you've made burned backup copies onto.

If you create an image file within Alcohol 120% with RMPS turned on under Alcohol's settings and then burn it to CD-R/W or DVD+-R/W then you will definitely need to check the RMPS emulation feature within DAEMON Tools when you want to play from the burned disc.

I can't remember perfectly, but I am pretty sure if you are using a mounted image file created from an ORIGINAL disc, you don't need to check that option within DAEMON Tools.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X