• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon won't run.

Operating System: win xp pro
    Burning Software: nero
    Anti-virus Software: norton internet security
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I try to run Daemon, and it won't do anything. Task manager shows daemon.exe, but that's all I get. WTF? Might there be something wrong with bus driver sttings etc. which install asks for? It gives some defaults, but... How can I find mine?

i have the same problem

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: Norton SystemWork
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

i ahve the same probelm.

what can we doooooooo??????????????????

please reply somone

Comment

Re: Daemon won't run

Do either of you guys see the icon in the System Tray (Sometimes Windows XP hides System Tray icons)? That is the only interface available to use DAEMON Tools, there isn't a program that pops up in the center of the screen or anything.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

nope.

Comment

yes i do

i am embaressed that i didnt know where it was.

in future, i reckon this should be amde more clear for first time users (i shall put this in teh reccomendation forum too).

thanks for the help

James

Comment

Re: Daemon won't run

wrec, have you ever used DAEMON Tools on anyone else's computer before? I can't think of any great ideas to suggest. So I'll give suggestions, try them if you like.

Check the device manager. You could upload a screenshot with "DVD/CD-ROM drives", "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers", and the "SCSI and RAID controllers" section expanded (You might have to enlarge the window size of the device manager to make it taller). Basically, are there any yellow exclamation marks or red X's in the device manager anywhere? Also tell us the full names of everything listed underneath those three sections.

p.s. The name the setup program prompts for is not for 'bus driver settings' but actually for the name of the DAEMON Tools driver and system service name.

If you've got extra time on your hands you might want to see if you can get the Virtual CD/DVD-ROM drive to work on your computer that comes with Alcohol 120%. If you CANNOT get that working, then I would reply worriedly to this thread.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

p.p.s James: You're Welcome.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
            X