win XP SP2 wont boot with daemon drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win XP SP2 wont boot with daemon drivers

Operating System: WinXP SP2 (auto updated)
    Burning Software: Nero 6
    Anti-virus Software: AntiVir (auto updated)
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3,47

Before I have had a standart version of WinXP and Daemon-Tools was working fine without any problems, but then I broke my WinXP and had to get a new one. Unfortunately This is a Version with a Fixed SP2 included. SO that I can't install WinXP without installing SP2, too.

I'm pretty sure that SP2 is the problem, because I changed my system only in that way. Hardware and software are exactly the same, only that I changed from WinXP to WINXP SP2. And A friend of mine has the same problem When he installs XP only, Daemon is fine, when he installs SP2 (he has it separated) it wont boot anymore.

What exactly happens: We can install Daemon completely normal and after the installation, we can even USE it normally, but when we restart the computer without deinstalling Daemon the computer crashes during bootup progress and there is a blue screen saying, that there is a problem with Daemon driver.

Now the problem is that while Win is still running, there are no problems, but the crash after restart occures so early in the boot prozess, that Window is not yet able to create a minidump file, so I have nothing to send you.

Do you have any idea what I could do, what I should check, or anything, because it is anoying to install and deinstall daemon, everytime I need to mount an image

Difficult without minidump ...
    check if you've one of the following files in Windows\System32\Drivers folder:
    afs2k.sys
    prosync1.sys
    gearaspiwdm.sys
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

OK I have had afs2k.sys
      I suppose I have to remove it?
      Ok I try again.

Comment

Well, you could try to update first.

Comment

funny, the drivers developer doesn't support it anymore and directs you to the developer of the programs using it, but those direct you back to the drivers developer.

Anyway I'm not using that program, so I deinstalled it completely, but it doesn't help.

The strange thing is, that Daemon is working on my system, without a problem, but only the changes in the systems configuration, that are aktivated only after reboot, make the system crash.

Is it possible, that I somehow deaqktivate these Changes?

Comment

Did un-installation of that software actually remove the driver?
            Btw here is some update from HP.

You can also try to un-install Daemon Tools and run driver verifier.

Comment

Yeah I have rechecked, I have removed the driver.
              And I have run the Verifier (it was difficult to stop it, because of the blue screens it caused) But the BS only said there was a problematik driver, but didn't name it.
              This time there were minidumps created. I send them (should be 4 in total)

Comment

You need to disable the verifier in safe mode of course.

Comment

The crash occurs in mouclass.sys, but it seems to be a problem with amusbprt.sys - you use a USB mouse? Check if there's an update available.
                  Also ensure you use newest InCD version.

Comment

OK, I'm downloading the new mousedriver.
                    But I'm not using inCD at all. (at least I think so)

Comment

Interesting, 'cause the minidumps show the InCD drivers.

Comment

Yeah, I have checked again and discovered that InCD was included on some CD and was installed automaticaly, I removed it, but it seams not completely, and in the software pannel of the "Systemsteuerung" (what's it in english System control?) it is still there but when I try to deinstall it can't be found anymore. Could you tell me what I can surely remove when not using InCD?

Comment

But anyway, after removing HP savedisk with its afs2k.sys
                          and updating the mousedriver, Daemon is Working again,
                          thank you very much

DuKe

Comment

Working...
                          X