No announcement yet.

Unable to mount image. Unit is locked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to mount image. Unit is locked.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP 2
    Burning Software: Record Now!, My DVD, Power DVD
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Anti Virus 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I am trying to get Daemon to open my architectual plans, but it does not seem to work. Whenever I try to open them, and they have opened before, and error message appears which says "Unable to mount image. Unit is locked."

I am new to Daemon, and the search feature turns nothing up. Any suggestions?

Obviously some program sends lock drive request, so figure out which program - usually some exe still running in background due to buggy protection. End related process via task manager, then try again.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: Windows Server 2003 SP1
      Burning Software: Nero/Blindwrite
      Anti-virus Software: NOD32 2.5
      DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

If it is still locked after you kill the process, change the number of devices to "Disable" and then back to the amount you were using (1-4). That will unlock your virtual drives. It's a workaround I found since some of those buggy protected applications do not remove the lock flag when they die.
      Co-Creator of Akkadia MUD Game Engine Codebase (GPL 1999)
      In /dev/null no one can hear you scream!

Comment

I completely agree with Nodens and Copytrooper but I feel obliged to point out that there is a post called "Unit is locked error message when unmounting" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum. While we're on the topic my preferred way to unlock the drive tray is this:
        Code:
        opening Nero, closing the wizard that opens at Nero startup, then pressing ctrl-i, choosing the drive from the dropdown, and then pressing eject.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X