• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Installation already running

Operating System: Win XP Media Edition
    Burning Software: NONE
    Anti-virus Software: AVG Free Edition
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I am trying to repair mt installation and am getting the error message, another installation already running. Can anyone help me on a clean removal and a clean install? Thanks

need exact error message

Can you please post the exact error message and also the Messagebox title. Example:

The exact error messsage is:
    The text in the Untitled file has changed.

Do you want to save the changes?

And the Messagebox title is: Notepad

or

The exact error messsage is:
    1607:Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

And the Messagebox title is: InstallShield 11.0
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Re: Another Installation already running

This link, how to remove Daemon Tools drivers, shows you how to do a manual removal and might take about 15 minutes of your own work. After the program has been removed, you could of course do a normal install without problems.

You can check the task manager for instances of msiexec.exe running before you start the repair link within Window XP Media Center Edition's Add or Remove Programs dialog. If you see msiexec running try doing an end task on it, as long as its safe and you have rebooted since your last program installation.

You may be able to force Windows Installer to run by deleting registry keys or files, but that's usually a last resort.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Tried to follow removal instructions but couldnt find the sys files AND when I tried to uninstall the PnP BIOS Extension it locks up my system... I uninstalled daemon tools through the installer and got this error...

When I try to reinstall I get 25038...

Also eventhough I have uninstalled daemon the BIOS extension is STILL listed in device manager.

Comment

Check Daemon Tools related entries in
          "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion\Uninstall\"
          and
          "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products"
          delete those entries and try again.

Regarding the PnP BIOS Extension check if you've full access to the following key (via RegEdt32):
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\SYSTEM\000x
          where 000x is the hive with Daemon Tools PnP BIOS Extension.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
          X