I-Tunes and Daemon Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-Tunes and Daemon Revisited

I have done a few searches on the forums and found a few fixes but unfortunately they do not work for me or do not apply to me.

I installed the latest version of Daemon Tools yesterday. Everything went great for what I needed.

I received a new burner today NEC ND3520A. This was to replace my old burner which failed on me.

I installed that today and then after installing it removed Daemon Tools.

I searched the forums for the removal tips to make sure everything was done right. I have nothing relating to Daemon in my registry. I do not see the drivers in the system/drivers directory. Nothing in device manager listed either.

So it seems from what I can tell the software is truly gone.

However, like has been posted previously I am unable to burn with I-Tunes. It was suggested and it seemed like it worked for some other users to rename the Daemon default virtual CD-ROM from Generic CD-ROM to some thing like Panasonic. However, in my situation the software is no longer installed on my PC.

I can burn with Roxio and other applications just not I-Tunes.

Any ideas of where to begin to look or any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Lery

Do you have Alcohol 120% installed?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Nope I do not have Alcohol 120% installed. I tried to install it yesterday but could not get it installed after I installed Daemon Tools.

-Lery

Comment

Apple iTunes support

Apple has a help section on their website.

Main link

Article # 93359(How to tell if you have a drive that can burn a CD)
        Article # 93360You're unable to burn a CD in iTunes for Windows
        Article # 93286Additional troubleshooting for burning issues

Optical Drive Diagnostics & Troubleshooting that page has a form for submitting an issue to apple without a guaranteed reply.

Music Store Customer Support this page has a guaranteed reply within 72 hours if you claim you are burning a song you've purchased for $0.99 from the music store. If you've never bought a song, $0.99 sounds pretty cheap for unlimited tech support on this issue.

And lastly here is Apple's forum: http://discussions.info.apple.com
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Apple iTunes support

Originally Posted by Lery
          However, like has been posted previously I am unable to burn with I-Tunes.
          Originally Posted by Lery
          I do not have Alcohol 120% installed. I tried to install it yesterday but could not get it installed
          I was just wondering (so that someone would be able to help you further), do you have any error messages that go along with these problems?
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

This ended up being related to some piece of junk software that got installed with my new burner. I uninstalled that software and it's working fine now. It was some backup software that came with it called Nova Backup.

Comment

thanks

Thanks for letting everyone know, I'm glad you solved it!
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
              X