• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon tools bus driver incorrectly issues the read request

Operating System: Any 32-bit NT-based
    Burning Software: Nero Burning ROM 6.3.1.25
    Anti-virus Software: None
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I would like to repot a bug in the Daemon Tools Bus Driver (d347bus.sys).
    When the driver issues a read request (IRP_MJ_READ) to the mounted image file(s), it incorrectly calls the file system driver directly. This causes serious problems to a third-party software, which produces a layered fle system (like online encryption filters).

Please, if anyone from Daemon Tools driver team reads this, contact me at ICQ 153292074 or mail zezula@volny.cz for more information about the bug and also detailed analysis why the bug is happening and also what to change to make this bug go away.

Thank you for replies

driver dev.

This has been pointed out on various driver dev. mailing lists for a while, its nothing new. Its intentional so that nothing can be installed in between DAEMON Tools and act maliciously.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

like Ohio already mentioned, it's nothing new, we know about it. indeed, it
      IS intentional. Next version contains a special workaround for those people

Comment

link to comment on alcohol forum

If I might make this thread longer by linking to a comment VeNoM386 made a while ago. This comment is concerning the current version of D-Tools.

http://forum.alcohol-soft.com/index.php?showtopic=13279&st=20&p=68060

But of course I know no inside information for that, LocutusofBorg is the guy.
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
        X