DVDs not working since I installed DT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVDs not working since I installed DT

Operating System: AMD Athlon 64bits 3000+, 1GB DDR RAM, 2 x 160GB Maxtor SATA HD, GeForce 6600 GT 128MB, SB Live 5.1 Digital, Asus A8N-E
    Burning Software: Nero express 6.3.1.18
    Anti-virus Software: Norton antivirus 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello,

I have this problem that I've been trying to fix for 2 weeks, and I just discovered that it was DT 3.47 that was causing it, because when I install the problem occurs and when I uninstall then the problem is gone

I can't play any DVDs, I can play any video format but can't play DVDs...So the problem is that I need to be able to play DVDs and use DT

Everytime I put a DVD inside the drive, I load it and the program just closes...Sometimes it asks me if I want to send a report of the error, sometimes it just crashes, I tried to play the DVD in my DVD Rom and in my DVD Ram, and both are doing the same thing, I tried also to play under windows media player and on AsusDVD, and both are crashing....

So is there a fix for this please?

Thank you

Re: DVD [playback] not working since I installed DT

This problem does sound disturbing since it gets resolved with an uninstall of DAEMON Tools.

Question: AsusDVD is the name of the DVD playback program that came with your DVD drive?

You said "Everytime I put a DVD inside the drive, I load it and the program just closes..." , which program closes/crashes?

You can assign AutoPlay in Windows XP as indicated in this picture:
    Do you have any program selected for "DVD Movie" ( i realize the above picture doesn't exactly match) ?

I would try to see if playback works on other playback software.

Cyberlink PowerDVD 6.0 demo download link (trial version lets you play up to 5 minutes of audio and 30 minutes of video on each startup and works for 14 days).

InterVideo WinDVD 7.0 demo download link.

Another possible idea: Check your DirectX version (latest is v9.0c released August 4th 2004), run the dxdiag tool, re-install direct X. Though ... I can't see how DAEMON Tools and DirectX would have anything to do with each other.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

DVD playback isn't working...

Like I said in my previous message, I tried to play them on AsusDVD (it came with my video card) and I tried to play them with Windows media player and both are crashing, I reinstalled the DirectX version, even if I had the most current one, and it didn't solve the problem....

I will download another DVD playback program and see what will happen...

Comment

DVD working now...

I tried it with the intervideo winDVD and it works while daemon is installed...

But it still crashed with AsusDVD and windows media player...

I understand that maybe AsusDVD and daemon Tools are interfering together, but why windows media player?

Thank you

Comment

dt vs. powerdvd incompatibility

Operating System: winxp sp2 on AMD Athlon64 3000+, ATI RAdeon X700 256MB, 160GB SATA Maxtor HD, 1GB DDR RAM, ABit A8X (VIA chipset K8T890)
          Burning Software: nero 6.0.0.19
          Anti-virus Software: avast 4.6 home edition
          DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

Hello,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem - as soon as I instal DT, PowerDVD 6.0 stops working as well as playback of dvd's in windows media player. PowerDVD crashes after loading a dvd or image whilst attempting to play it, WMP does not play dvd's anymore - not just the ones mounted on DT drives, not even ones in physical dvd drives. When I uninstal DT, everything seems to be back to normal ...

Would you happen to have an idea what can cause the problem? Can it be sth with IDE/RAID/SATA drivers?

Thank you.

Comment

Re: DVD [playback] not working since I installed DT

Does Media Player Classic work?

View, Options..., Playback, DVD/OGM, User Defined Path:\, E:\ or F:\ or whatever drive letter you want to play. Save the settings, playback can be started via File menu, Open DVD...

and test 2

View, Options..., Playback, output, DirectShow Video, Null (anything). Save the settings, playback can be started via File menu, Open DVD (or control - D ) ... Success? Crash?

sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358&rele ase_id=314365
            or
            sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli

I'm just curious about using MPC, you don't need to take me seriously and go and download MPC or anything as this does look like a compatibility problem.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

dt vs. powerdvd incompatibility

Hi,

I tried to play a little bit also with other media players not just media player classic. Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, Real Player - all of them seem to play dvd's without problems, either mounted images and discs in physical drives. The only DVD decoder installed on my system is the one from the PowerDVD. That means DT don't corrupt DVD decoder - which is good news. Another think I tried to do was to mount images via Nero Image Drive. In this case PowerDVD worked without any problem either with images and discs. The bug seems to be reduced to a compatibility issue between DT and PowerDVD.

Comment

Working...
              X