PDA

View Full Version : Command Line to enable drives

kfuemmel
24.07.2005, 20:25
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Burning Software: Nero 6.6
Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2005
DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I am using Daemon in a school computer lab environment. As part of the build, I silently install daemon tools. By default on a clean install, no drives are enabled. I would like to be able to use a command line switch or scripting to enable the number of devices, rather than clicking on the icon in the system tray. Anyone know how to do this?
8)

Copytrooper
24.07.2005, 20:38
Does this fit your needs? (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?p=18664)

kjmeyer
09.11.2005, 20:41
Does this fit your needs? (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/viewtopic.php?p=18664)
Can anyone refesh this link?

I have exactly the same question as kfuemmel.

thanks

Copytrooper
09.11.2005, 21:46
Hm, if I' d only know, what that was ...
try to search for BTEWin, maybe you find what you need.

kjmeyer
09.11.2005, 23:19
Now that I read more carefully my question is a little different.

I am creating a build for a middle school computer lab. There is no way I can leave a physical disc inside the machine - kids would steal or break it in seconds. So I make an image and use Daemon Tools.

I would like to get rid of the system tray icon alltogether so kids cannot right click and un mount the image.

Is there a way to disable the systray icon and just use the command line to control DT.

I don't anticipate ever needing to change anything so just getting rid of the system tray icon would be great.

Any help would be awsome.

kjmeyer

Copytrooper
10.11.2005, 11:30
Sure, just disable "Taskbar icon" option in options menu (due to misunderstandings in the past, this option will be named "Tray icon" in v4). Or run daemon.exe with -noicon switch.
Also take a look at Daemon Script (in our download section), you can create icons which automatically mount images, run applications, etc. - could be useful for your needs.