• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Line to enable drives

Operating System: Windows XP SP2
    Burning Software: Nero 6.6
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I am using Daemon in a school computer lab environment. As part of the build, I silently install daemon tools. By default on a clean install, no drives are enabled. I would like to be able to use a command line switch or scripting to enable the number of devices, rather than clicking on the icon in the system tray. Anyone know how to do this?
    8)

Does this fit your needs?
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Can anyone refesh this link?

I have exactly the same question as kfuemmel.

thanks

Comment

Hm, if I' d only know, what that was ...
        try to search for BTEWin, maybe you find what you need.

Comment

Now that I read more carefully my question is a little different.

I am creating a build for a middle school computer lab. There is no way I can leave a physical disc inside the machine - kids would steal or break it in seconds. So I make an image and use Daemon Tools.

I would like to get rid of the system tray icon alltogether so kids cannot right click and un mount the image.

Is there a way to disable the systray icon and just use the command line to control DT.

I don't anticipate ever needing to change anything so just getting rid of the system tray icon would be great.

Any help would be awsome.

kjmeyer

Comment

Sure, just disable "Taskbar icon" option in options menu (due to misunderstandings in the past, this option will be named "Tray icon" in v4). Or run daemon.exe with -noicon switch.
            Also take a look at Daemon Script (in our download section), you can create icons which automatically mount images, run applications, etc. - could be useful for your needs.

Comment

Working...
            X