• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Toolz won't load at all

Operating System: Windows XP SP1
    Burning Software: Nero 6, Alcohol 1.9.2
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2004
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I install the program fine, restart etc but then I go to run it, I get the load cursor for half a second and it doesn't load...

So what's the issue here? I've uninstalled/reinstalled, repaired etc.

Do you see the tray icon? If not check related thread in common problems and solutions forum.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Yea. Anyway fixed that problem.

Now it's not emulating my CD correctly (Empire Earth 2) and I get the emulation error about the Securom.

Is it conflicting with any of the software Above?

Perhaps it's the image created with Alcohol? I'm going to create one with Nero.

All emulation settings are "On" as well.

Agh, I made a new one in Alcohol just then and I can't unmount the image create because it is "locked".

Comment

The unit is locked error is due to SecuROM bugs - the exe is probably still running in background, thus still sending lock drive request. End related process via task manager and try again.
        You don't need any emulation to play from mounted image, you need image with DPM data though.
        For anti blacklisting of virtual drives check e.g. this thread - note that we don't give any support for such tools, contact its creator if you run into problems after using it.

Comment

forcing eject

I always unlock the virtual CD/DVD-ROM by opening Nero, closing the wizard that opens at Nero startup, then pressing ctrl-i, choosing the drive from the dropdown, and then pressing eject. That forces it to (virtually) eject, even if there are still lock counts set by SecuROM 5.x or 7.x.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
            Burning Software: Alchohal120
            Anti-virus Software: Norton
            DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I am having trouble with getting the program to start. I tell it to open and all I get is the load curser. I tried the instructions on the other thread but nothing worked.

Comment

So you don't see the task bar/tray icon? Check this thread then:

Comment

Working...
              X