• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install the latest version

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition - French
    Burning Software: Nero Startsmart
    Anti-virus Software: Norton
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I try to install 3.47, the installation goes well until the BSOD shows up and my system reboots. I do not have any Star-Force protection driver, by the way.

I also tried installing 3.46 and the installation works, but when I try to run it I get the "Virtual SCSI driver not detected". What could be the problem here?

Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that BSOD, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Virtual SCSI Drive Not Detected

Operating System: Windows ME
        Burning Software: InCD
        Anti-virus Software: McAfee

ok so i saw something about this and some minidump folder in windows... well there ISN'T a minidump folder in windows on this pc.... but i JUST installed and rebooted the DTools and i get this message... little help plz?

Comment

Re: Virtual SCSI Drive Not Detected

Oooooh. Windows Millenium. Did you ever have any previous versions of DAEMON Tools on the computer?

Did you reboot always when prompted? You could try to uninstall DAEMON Tools, reboot, then perform a manual uninstall (see the first sticky in the Common Problems and Solutions forum), reboot, then install DAEMON Tools again.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

had the program before, uninstalled it for some reason.... then i went to reinstall it and i got this problem...

Comment

Re: Virtual SCSI driver not detected

Well, it took me a few days to reply...

Ok, the reason why I was asking is because there are just two reasons you'll see that message after a new install.

(a) your daemon.exe version differs from the version of the installed DAEMON Tools driver
              (b) the DAEMON Tools driver(s) is not installed at all

My guess is the uninstallation of the previous version failed at some step. What is the version number of the previous installation (i'm probably going to direct you to download the installer for that specific version) and did you change the driver names upon install of the older or most recent version of DAEMON Tools?
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

no clue.... from the moment i first installed the program it was on 3.47... the latest.. uninstalled it, then a few months later reinstalled 3.47.... sooo i dunno what the deal is

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Professional
                  Burning Software: Nero Start Smart
                  Anti-virus Software: Norton Internet Security

I have the same problem with the virtual scasi driver. I have rebooted my tower an then there is the error. I had no problems before.... i have deinstalled DT und reinstalled it but still the samer. Virtual SCASI Driver not detected. But why? Is it maybe cause i have installed Anti-Blaxx?

Comment

scsi driver

Operating System: xp pro
                    Burning Software: nero
                    Anti-virus Software: nod32
                    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.374

same problem!!!! HELP!!! restarted my pc and then this error comes up @viritual scsi driver not detected@ admin please help???

Comment

Common Problems and Solutions

Ok, a bunch of people are writing in this thread about that error message. It's a pain in the next, but just use the control panel to uninstall DAEMON Tools. Then perform a manual uninstall following the instructions in the first sticky in the Common Problems and Solutions forum. Reboot after deleting any files from the hard disk or making any changes to the registry. Post here in the forum if you get stuck on any of the manual uninstall steps. Then reboot and install DAEMON Tools again. Hopefully you won't see the Virtual SCSI driver not detected error message, if so - we'll have to find another solution.

p.s. Copytrooper recommended this : http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...pic.php?t=3916 I'd try that first because its a little simpler than a manual uninstall.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yes sure done that.. but when i tried to innstall again thies error message comes up @some driver has invalid name or conflict with other file or services in the system. please make sure you have rebooted after removal of software using same names@... so iu cant innstall DT again... please help!!! :roll:

Comment

Check related thread in common problems and solutions forum to remove Daemon Tools leftovers manually, reboot, then re-install.
                          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Operating System: windows xp service pack 2
                            Burning Software: nero
                            Anti-virus Software: norton av

i am having a simalar problem.. it seems it gets to the point of installing the scsi driver and then windows xp sp2 dies

then it will reboot and i can see the pnp bios deal but no scsi.

whats going on?

Comment

BSOD / minidump?

"then windows xp sp2 dies "

Do you get a BSOD? If there are memory dumps related to this crash inside your %systemroot%\Minidump (or wherever you have windows configured the save folder) you can email them to support@daemon-tools.cc with a reference to this thread.
                              the modern world:
                              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                              X