Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legal issues

Hi,

I just would like to know if you have ever received legal threats by starforce company due to the next Daemon tools 4 release, such as it seems cdsteam has received during these days, when they declaired to be ready to unveil a cloning method to patch sf images to make them work flawlessly.

we're full legal. What do you think PATCHING means? you're not allowed to do
    so, so the letter from StarForce was, from legal point of view, correct, as they
    manipulate data on target disc. This is, by a deeper look to law's, nothing different than a crack (from LAW point of view, NOT technical). In almost every
    country worldwide, even EU, we are full legal with our technology. And even if
    the day comes where we will see law-changes, we're moving to Antigua :mrgreen:

Comment

Well actually I thought that patching an image like twinpeaks and blackcheck methods do, was legal.
      But maybe they could move to Antigua too...

Comment

Patching the image with Twinpeaks/Blackcheck is not actually modifying the data files.
        Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Originally Posted by KitnaIsntHappy
          Patching the image with Twinpeaks/Blackcheck is not actually modifying the data files.
          I'm not sure whether that tool (which as far as i know is based on Twinpeaks source) would have done so; we will see if :twisted: MANWITHNONAME :twisted: is taking over
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

I'm not sure whether that tool (which as far as i know is based on Twinpeaks source) would have done so; we will see if icon_twisted.gif XXXXX icon_twisted.gif is taking over
            congratulations, you speak out the forbidden word! this is for sure what we
            wouldn't read here, leave that discussions please for cdfreaks or somewhere
            else. I had a hard enough time back then to convince our team to go on
            further. I don't wanna hear that name ever again, the next one who write
            about it will get banned for the rest of my life on this forum

Correct. And where states the developers of protections or the law that it's ok?
            I can only guess, but patching the image would not leave many options for
            StarForce, maybe that's why they try to dance with that project in court?
            However, afaik, it was never clarified IF patching images this way (like,
            f.e. old Olli method for SafeDisc-backups) would be legal or not. Especially,
            when that protection manufacturers are with their back on the wall, you
            should expect everything :!: just my 2cent.

Comment

Twinpeaks basically modifies the CD structure by inserting "twin" sectors into the image. The files on the CD remain unchanged.
              Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Excuse me Mr Locutus, what's the matter with that name? :?
                And why was it a problem for your team?
                I didn't want to raise an argument here... Sorry.

Comment

that guy nearly stopped the public availablility of our project by reverse
                  engineer Daemon Tools (ok to do so) and then started to publish his
                  results over inet for everyone - exactly then we decided to restart
                  the whole project and stop 3.x-series. Also we thought about lawsuits
                  and we decided that next one will find out how far we go - with combined
                  power of our 3 companys we're able to transfer even rich people to poor ones
                  ok, now you know it and please stop requesting anymore about it. We won't
                  talk about it anymore

Comment

Obviously the two twisted demons weren't unmistakable enough (or rather unsuitable :?

Call me the unintentional MANWITHOUTTACT, sorry :oops:
                    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

hehehe, it's ok, don't worry, it was only to make sure that noone else post
                      about that person again

Comment

Working...
                      X