• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 25002 (Again)

Operating System: XP Pro
    Burning Software: Nero 66015
    Anti-virus Software: Kaspersky AV 50227
    DAEMON Tools Version: 437

After recently reinstalling my system, I tried to install DT 3.47 and soon into the installation procedure I got BSOD. I cleared the 2 relevant files out of System/Drivers and also the registry entries as noted in other threads but I still get the same error. None of these entries exist yet I still cannot install. I also tried Alcohol and got the same error but not the BSOD. So, at present I can not install either of these programs onto my computer following the initial BSOD while installing Daemon Tools the first time. Any thoughts please? :cry:

You MUST reboot after ALL steps of the procedure, otherwise it won't work.
    But before you re-install, check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that BSOD/crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I did reboot after the entries were all removed but still got nowhere. Unfortunately there is no minidump directory nor am I likely to get one as I can't get that far into the DT installation any more to get one due to the 25002 error early on.

Comment

If it still comes up with the error about driver conflict, you didn't follow ALL steps mentioned.

Comment

OK, this is what I did. I removed 2 entries from System32\Drivers and 2 entries from HKEY LOCAL MACHINE. I then rebooted my PC to get the same error. I have just looked again and the entries are definitely gone. My PC has been off all night. So far I have had 2 BSODs; what is causing this in the first place? I just tried to install it again and it shut my computer down completely in the middle of the installation. Not even a BSOD..

Comment

That are NOT all steps mentioned.
            Difficult to say what's causing the crash without minidump. Check if you've one of the following files in Windows\System32\Drivers directory:
            prosync1.sys
            afs2k.sys
            gearaspiwdm.sys

Comment

What have I missed out of the removal steps? I checked the rest and the only one in the directory is the gearaspiwdm.sys. I do have a Daemon install log if that's any good.

Comment

You missed the removal of Daemon Tools SCSI controller and its PnP BIOS extension in device manager.
                Still no minidump available after the new (?) crash(es)?

Comment

Still no Minidump folder. It is currently set to "Kernel Memory Dump" but nothing has dumped - I did a search. I couldn't see DT SCSI controller but I did uninstall PNP BIOS extension. Where does that come from? What about the gearaspiwdm.sys file and is the DT log of any use?

Comment

Change to 64kB Memory Dump; also disable the "automatically reboot option".
                    Try to remove GearASPIwdm.sys/the software which installed it - difficult to say if it helps, but we had quite some minidumps showing it in system.
                    The daemon.log unfortunately won't give a clue about the crash.

Comment

Hey, we're happening. I'm not 100% sure what happened but, after I uninstalled PNP BIOS extension, I lost the use of my 2 DVD writers. I took gearaspiwdm.sys and put it in a folder out of the way and rebooted. DT installed OK and is working (I think). I went back into System32\Drivers and the gear folder had disappeared, so I copied it from another machine on my network and rebooted. My 2 DVD writers are back as is PNP BIOS extension. I would like to be 100% sure what occurred here but as it's working, I'm not touching it any further. Thanks for your assistance in this.

Comment

Working...
                      X