• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally mounted an image to a real drive

Operating System: Windows XP Home
    Burning Software: None
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec AntiVirus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I own a laptop which has a MATSHITA DVD/CDRW drive. I accidentally mounted an image to this drive, and when I unmounted, the drive has "forgotten" that it can write CDs. Whenever I insert a blank CD, the drive label turns from "DVD/CD-RW Drive" to "CD Drive" and the blank CD refuses to open, asking me to insert a disc. Also, software that burns CDs fail to detect a burning device.

Should I "Safely remove hardware", reboot, and reinstall the device with its Windows XP drivers?

What do you mean "mounted an image to a real drive"? You assigned the drive letter of a virtual device over the drive letter previously owned by your Matsushita writer?
    Run diskmgmt.msc then and re-assign the drive letters - reboot may required to be able to change the drive letter back to the original one.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

according to diskmgmt, there are no problems... It recognizes my CD drive fine... Even in My Computer the drive displays as "DVD/CD-RW Drive (D" The problem is when inserting a blank CD, instead of changing the label to "Blank CD" and allowing me to open it for drag-and-drop files (or allowing other applications to use it), it displays the label as "CD Drive (D" and asks me to enter a CD.

Comment

Working...
      X