Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daemon Tools is intalled but locked! Please unlock Daemon Tools and restart Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools is intalled but locked! Please unlock Daemon Tools and restart Application

Operating System: Windows XP
    Burning Software: NERO
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Antivirus
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

How do I fix a problem I having? I get the message "Daemon Tools is intalled but locked! Please unlock Daemon Tools and restart Application" everytime I try to run Knights of Honor. Thanks for helping

It probably complains about an activated 'Lock DLL' option with Daemon Tools - try turning it off.

Comment

DLL is not locked though

Comment

Also not 'Autolock' ?

Comment

yup, no autolock, no options is enabled xcept "autostart", no options has been selected for "emulation" (even if all were selected for emulation, still same message). Please help>< really want to play this game

Comment

anti-blacklisting 3.46/3.47

You could try a simple anti-blacklisting approach though I've never heard of this
            ''Daemon Tools is intalled but locked! Please unlock Daemon Tools and restart Application'' error message so you may be out of luck.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

><'', says please insert cd 2 in, i mount the image, but after trying to run the game it dismounts><,

Comment

MashiMaroJR, did you try all the steps in the forum post I linked you to?
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yes i did

Comment

Knights of Honor renames (yes) the daemon.dll in your windows folder. have a look there and if you find a daemon.bak file there you do have this problem. Knights of Honor has a shitty protection. Rename the .bak back to .dll and everything will be fine after a reboot. (until yo start that crappy game again)
                    Mounty Bob strikes back

Comment

as far as I know, this behaviour in this game is fixed - please download
                      latest patch for the "knights of honor" game!

Comment

Same here

I have exactly the same problem with Transport Giant.

Exactly the same wording. The problem seems to have started since I installed Daemon Tools 4.00HE But I cannot be certain as I have not played transport Giant in quite a while.

And when I tried to start it again it asked for files off of disk one then started with the error.

I have XP SP2.
                        Burned with Nero v6.6.0.15
                        Using Kaspersky Pro v5.0.391
                        Zone alarm with anti spyware v6.1.744

Does anybody know what is causing this as the only reference i can find on google is this thread.

Could it be the copy protection?

Neil.

edit by NetSoerfer: The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately. Please don't double post.

Comment

Working...
                        X