Making a working image of SuperPower2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a working image of SuperPower2

For some reason i can't make working image of SuperPower 2. I am using Alcohol 120%. I am getting "Error- Insert the SuperPower 2 disc into another drive Then click "Retry"

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
    Chris305

SuperPower2

1) You never replied to my last comment concerning the Far Cry game. I'll link to the thread here. If you already solved the problem then I guess it's not too important, its just courtesy to reply so that you can tell other people about your solution.

2) It would not hurt to scan your ORIGINALCD/DVD with A-Ray Scanner (download link)and post the results (since its an EA games disc, Safedisc would be a good assumption(according to CongoMan)).

3) I don't think the error message you gave is anAlcohol 120%error message (I could be wrong). So it doesn't make sense why you cannot getAlcohol 120%to start reading and copying the CD/DVD to the hard disk.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Ohio813
      1) You never replied to my last comment concerning the Far Cry game. I'll link to the thread here. If you already solved the problem then I guess it's not too important, its just courtesy to reply so that you can tell other people about your solution.
      Sorry, about that.I will replie and yes, i did solved the problem.

2) It would not hurt to scan your ORIGINALCD/DVD with A-Ray Scanner (download link)and post the results
      Will do.

) I don't think the error message you gave is anAlcohol 120%error message. So it doesn't make sense why you cannot getAlcohol 120%to start reading and copying the CD/DVD to the hard disk.
      It was not Alcohol 120% which gave me the error it was the game which gave me the error.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help

Comment

SuperPower 2

OK, Try re-creating your image file withAlcohol 120% and choose .mds/.mdf as the filetype and Safedisc as the profile. Yes, ignore read errors checkbox and No for the reading subcode information checkbox (once you choose the Safedisc profile these last two things should be automatic). You don't need to re-create the image if these are the settings you used the first time.

Are you playing from Alcohol or DAEMON Tools's virtual drive or from a burned disc?
        the modern world:
        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Here is the A Rayscanner results-

Still getting the same error-

you stated on one of your post that " its an EA games disc," that is incorrect-

Any other things i could do to make it work?

Thanks,
          Chris305

Comment

anti-blacklisting 3.46/3.47

You could try a simple anti-blacklisting approach:

Uninstall DAEMON Tools. You must REBOOT the computer afterwards. Reinstall and change the two driver names to something unpredictable. Once installed change the Vendor, the Model name, and the Revision number of the virtual drives to something unpredictable (use DAEMON Tools tray icon, Virtual CD/DVD-ROM, Device 0:, Set device parameters). Doing the last step will set it for all 4 devices -- you don't have to do it for each virtual drive.

---- end of anti-blacklisting approach ----

Did you install the software from the virtual drive? Try uninstalling the game and re-installing from the virtual drive. Some games remember the drive letter of the installation media (its usually stored in the registry if you want to pull out regedit.exe). You could also make sure that the virtual drive you are mounting from has the lowest available CD/DVD/CDorDVD Burnner drive letter. And your would have to assign your real CDROM a letter in the alphabet that comes after the one newly assigned to the virtual drive.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I'd doubt that'll help too much since the 'Protection System' message looks like StarForce?

Comment

StarForce mistake

I stand corrected.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

No need to correct you, i just noticed and thought i'd mention

Comment

@Chris305
                    Can you please scan the games install directory with A-Ray Scanner?
                    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Comment

Comment

Re: SuperPower 2

Heh, I remember this discussion from before. ,jACkdA\W was saying that the game uses StarForce and you can see guess that it does when you visit DreamCatcher's forums because they seem to use that protection for all their other games (according to forum posts). Here's a link to a thread over there.

Since it has been so long since you created this thread, have you tried using DAEMON Tools 4 and disabling your IDE drives by unplugging them or using Starforce Nightmare?
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                          X