• Show
Clear All

• Daemon - blank drive after Nero

Operating System: WinXP
    Burning Software: Roxio
    Anti-virus Software: AVG
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

hello

I have been using Deamon Tools for a while now (thx) with no problems. I then had some problems burning dvd's with Roxio, I installed Nero and had the same problems, it turns out it was the dvd's. Anyway since installing and then uninstalling Nero my Deamon Tools has hasn't been working. I mount a file, but when i go to my computer and click the I:drive it says "please insert blank disk". I have tried mounting images that i have already installed berfore Nero and they do the same. Any thought on this?

many thanks

sorry to be a pain about this, but are their any known conflicts with nero and deamon tools?

this is what happens when i mount an image ---->

the drive comes up but is empty.

it worked fine before i installed nero thats the only thing i can think off.

please help :cry:

Comment

Check drive letter assignment in Daemon Tools (right-click on tray icon -> Virtual CD/DVD-ROM -> Device 0 [I:]) - does it look like that?
      Also check in device manager which drivers are installed for the virtual device(s), there should be cdrom.sys, storprop.dll and redbook.sys - any other drivers?
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

this seems ok

when i goto device manager there is no virtual device located in the list.

Comment

Did you try to un- and re-install Daemon Tools yet?
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Re: Daemon - blank drive after Nero

Operating System: Windows XP
            Burning Software: DTv3.47 - Roxio v7.5 - NERO v6.0.6.16
            Anti-virus Software: Norton Internet Security 2005 Anti-Spyware Edition
            DAEMON Tools Version: v3.47

Originally Posted by beama
            Operating System: WinXP
            Burning Software: Roxio
            Anti-virus Software: AVG
            DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

hello

I have been using Deamon Tools for a while now (thx) with no problems. I then had some problems burning dvd's with Roxio, I installed Nero and had the same problems, it turns out it was the dvd's. Anyway since installing and then uninstalling Nero my Deamon Tools has hasn't been working. I mount a file, but when i go to my computer and click the I:drive it says "please insert blank disk". I have tried mounting images that i have already installed berfore Nero and they do the same. Any thought on this?

many thanks
            I have both the DT v3.47 as well as the Roxio 7.5 and the NERO v6.6.0.16
            installed and they all works better than perfect without any problems!

All is workin under Windows XP with:
            Norton Internet Security 2005 Anti-Spyware Edition.

The above mention problems seemsto me have some Memory/Registry problems
            and some tracks left after the unistall / install process and cause the problem.

I sugest.. at first uninstall both the Roxio and the DT makes sure
            there is nothing left on hard drive (directory etc.)

Next after try to clean all caches and then install as FIRST the Roxio product.

After a coupe of Reboots..
            Install the DT v3.47 and Im sure all problems will gone!

Best regards...

Comment

Working...
            X