WC3 Backup Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WC3 Backup Problems

I'm having trouble backing up my warcraft 3. I'm using alcohol 120%, I have the LITE-ON LTR-48125W and im using PNY 700 mb cd-r's. When I try to make an image, everything works fine. About 3/4 of the way through i get a reading error on block 323568. But the image eventually finishes. The image seems to work with d-tools, but when i back it up and try to play it with the CD, my comp kinda freezes. So i eject the disc and get the BSOD. Once im back to my desktop, i get a message that im missing set up files. Anyone have any idea what i should do?
    Heres my log:
    AM 08:49:39 Processor info : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor (1325MHz)
    AM 08:49:40 Disc dumping : (F LITE-ON LTR-48125W (1:1)
    AM 08:49:40 Reading Mode : RAW + SUB-96 , Ignore reading errors
    AM 08:49:40 Source Info : Session : 1, Track : 1, Length : 632.0 MB / 071:54:22
    AM 08:49:40 DPM measuring precision : High / Maximum
    AM 08:49:40 Wait for a while for DPM analysis.
    AM 08:51:47 Data Position Measurement - Elapsed Time: 00:02:06
    AM 08:51:47 Get DPM info from current disc successful!
    AM 08:51:47 Writing image file : C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\ISO\Warcraft III.mdf
    AM 08:53:58 Disc read error at : 323568
    AM 08:53:58 Disc dumping completed!
    AM 08:53:59 C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\ISO\Warcraft III.mds : Image file writing completed!

I don't think you should have any unreadable sectors from warcraft iii. Is it possible the disc is dirty. Also, warcraft iii does not use dpm. From what I know, it just uses simple subs.

Comment

That's correct, Warcraft III is protected with SecuROM 4.68 which does neither have a physical media signature (needing DPM) nor defective sectors. Use the SecuROM *NEW profile.

If you're getting unreadable sectors, try cleaning the disc with a soft cloth from inside to outside (never round the disc!);
      INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
      try reading with lower speed or try in another drive (which might have a better error correction). If you cannot get rid of this, I'm afraid I don't see any way of getting a working image off of that disc.

sG
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

If you get only ONE unreadable sector near the end of the disc then this may be OK - all Securom CDs contain one special sector in the end of the track - some CDROMs may report this sector as bad but it is still ok for Securom.

Comment

Working...
        X