• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My DVD RAM drive screwed by Daemon can only use ONE DISC PER REBOOT

Operating System: XP SP2
    Burning Software: None installed yet
    Anti-virus Software: Norton Premier 2005
    DAEMON Tools Version: Latest one, I just downloaded it yesterday

Hello I installed daemon yesterday to mount an iso.

When I was done, my DVD-RAM no longer worked properly =(

I quickly uninstalled Daemon [which I really need]

What happens now, is DVD-RAM [has original windows drive letter D: still] can read any disc. ONCE! For example I have an application that has 5 discs. I put in disc one. Windows Explorer sees it correctly, disc 1.

When I pop in disc 2, or 3 or 4 or an audio disc or a dvd movie next -- windows sees DISC 1 !!!!

No matter what I do! I've deleted the drive and let PNP reinstall it. No avail. I've used Norton and another registry cleaner, no avail.

No matter what I do, I can only use one cd, then I must reboot because windows won't recognize it when I change cds, even if I 'refresh' in windows explorer.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Further Details

I just called tech support for my pc.

I know this is a Daemon problem becuase

a. It did not happen before installing Daemon [which I used to install other programs from mounted iso's]

b. By going through my tech support I found that the drive DOES recognize changed discs in safe mode using the administrator profile.

Upon confirming those, I went back to regular mode in my profile and once again its happening.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!

Comment

Try to enable auto insert notification (AIN) - easiest way is to change related setting in CloneCD options.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

New Info

Upon going into my profile and disable - all in msconfig, my drive is once again able to recognize switching drives [but I obviously can't do much else]

I need this rectified ASAP!

Its definitely some lingering component of Daemon.

And the bigger problem at hand, is that I truly need Daemon working properly!!!

But first this nightmare of removing its lingering components/settings-

HELP!!!

Comment

Another update

I can also switch discs by merely disabling all for "Load Startup Items" from msconfig. So the problem must reside there from Daemon.

HOWEVER, I see *nothing* listed there for daemon!!!

HOW DO I FIX THIS PEOPLE!?!

THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS ONE!

Comment

Try to enable auto insert notification (AIN) - easiest way is to change related setting in CloneCD options.

"Try to enable auto insert notification (AIN) - easiest way is to change related setting in CloneCD options.
            "

What does this mean, Autoplay on my drive? What is CloneCD?

I have autoplay enabled but this only started once I installed Daemon. And unfortunately uninstalling Daemon did not help me =(

Please read everything I posted, I have been killing myself for a day on this and need to get it fixed.

Thank you so much

Comment

Reinstalled Daemon

Hoping it would fix whatever it broke.

No Avail.

Is there ANY hope? Please someone get me out of this mess!

Thank you all

Comment

AIN is NOT autoplay! AIN must be enabled for autoplay, the other way around: autoplay won't work without AIN.

Comment

Now What

Ok So if autoplay and AIN are not the same, how do I make the change? How do I do AIN?

I have AGAIN uninstalled Daemon as reinstall didn't fix the problem.

Additionally I found the topic on how to manually uninstall (E.g. removing the devices in device manager, the keys in registry, and even the d3 files from system 32) and I am still screwed.

How do I attempt this AIN thing you are talking about?

What is depressing is that I can get this to work by disabling everything in my startup by msconfig which is obviously unacceptable.

Please explain AIN -I need to try everything!

Comment

Easiest way is to download and install CloneCD trial from slysoft.com, then change related settings in Tools -> Settings -> Auto Insert Notification. You probably need to reboot after enabling AIN.

Comment

I just got it, AIN was already enabled.

Now what???

Comment

Auto Insert Notification

Ok, you have all the symptoms of Auto Insert Notification being turned off.

This is not a solution. You should try to fix this in some other way. But here I come with a possible workaround:

Open the Device manager. Select your DVD drive. Right click... disable. Wait a few seconds. Select your DVD drive again. Right click... enable.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                        X