Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2). Contact your support personnel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2). Contact your support personnel.

Operating System: WinXP Pro
    Burning Software: Nero
    Anti-virus Software: McaFee
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

While INSTALLING daemon tools I get the following message in the end of the installing proceedure:

Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2). Contact your support personnel.

After this above message, the installing proceedure making the following message;

The installer was interrupted before DAEMON Tools could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try agin.

I have been trying many times, but the same story happens all the time.

Further, I use the following set-up:
    - Bus driver name: d347bus
    - Miniport driver name: d347prt

Plz, any idea ??? :idea: :idea:
    /Peter

Do you use AMD64? If so try to change switch in boot.ini NoExecute=OptIn to NoExecute=AlwaysOff - if it works, you can probably change it back after installation.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thanx... :o)

Thanx to Copytrooper in Daemonia :mrgreen:

Youґre right... Iґm using AMD64 - and itґs working perfectly as you described :P Thanx again

/Daemondk

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
      Do you use AMD64? If so try to change switch in boot.ini NoExecute=OptIn to NoExecute=AlwaysOff - if it works, you can probably change it back after installation.

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Professional 64x
        Burning Software: none
        Anti-virus Software: none

I'm having the same problem >_<...and i don't know what/where boot.ini is. So if you could post the steps as to how to change the boot.ini that would be awesome.

Thnx

Comment

If you use 64bit OS you're out of luck anyway, 'cause 64bit OS is NOT supported yet.

Comment

doh! is there any software that can open bin/cue files that is like daemon tools that supports a 64bit OS? And is Daemon tools working on a 64bit version?

Comment

we're already working on 64bit version, too

Comment

same prob

Operating System: win xp pro 32bit
                Burning Software: nero 6
                Anti-virus Software: mcafee

Hello guys.

I also get an error on install.
                It says: "Device setup error: code 25028 (0x61C4), 126 (0x7E). Contact your support personnel."

I'm on a campus pc, and have some restrictions (I can still install progs though).

Thanks.

Comment

add

forgot to say that I tried to modify the boot.ini, but it didn't work. Probably useless as I can't reboot the computer, as it would erase the HD.

is there anything else?

Cab

Comment

How's error 25028 related to error 25057? And what has error 25028 to do with boot.ini?
                    The error means that newdev.dll is missing/corrupt. You've to check the system!

Comment

hmmmm I've got it... Just did a search and fell on that topic, and thought it was the same number. When I wrote the post I didn't realise I was giving a new number.

Sorry guys... I'll get back to you when I'll have checked that file. But I'm pretty sure it's present, I've been able to burn CDs. I'll write again next time I get to the campus. By the way thanks for the fast answer.

++

Comment

I'm cool, just some ironic questions, you know?
                        If the file is there it's probably corrupted. Try to replace it with the one in dllcache folder.

Comment

too good to be true...

Well... Thanks a lot for your help. The file was missing, I copied it, and I have been able to install daemon tools.

yesssssssssss

To complete install, I have to reboot...

nooooooooooooooooo

if I do such thing, as I am on a campus, the entire HD will be copied again from the network. I guess asking if there is any solution won't bring me anywhere... but I'll try anyway.

"Is there any solution to that problem?"

thx ppl.

Comment

I'm afraid no, unless you accept that Daemon Tools will not be fully functional (e.g. blacklistings etc.), other problems may occur.

Comment

I'd take what I can, but I'm not even able to set 1 device. I guess I'll find another way of mounting these images...

Thx anyway for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X