• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Error: [Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2).]

Operating System: Windows XP Professional [32 Bits]
    Burning Software: Nero Burning ROM 6.6.0.16
    Anti-virus Software: Symantec Antivirus Corporate 9.1
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

When I install this version of DAEMONTools, in my Windows XP 32 with a AMD Atlhon 64 processor, in the install apear this error:

"Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2). Contact your support personnel"

I' ve read with the no support with Wiith a Windows XP 64, but i have a Windows 32 bits. їIt the same problem, only with the processor?
    їExist any form to resolve this problem?
    Thanks for all.
    ЎSee you!

El Rengo.

Try to change switch in boot.ini NoExecute=OptIn to NoExecute=AlwaysOff - if it works you can probably change it back after installation.

And please don't double/cross post! I removed your other post in suggestions forum. :wink:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Pardon.

Withi this action, i disable DEP?

Comment

Yes, this does disable DEP (temporarily if you change it back after installation).

FWIW on a NX enabled Pentium M DT installed just fine without this step.
        Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

DEP capable AMD and ''Install Error: [Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2).]''

Interesting, JariK-Tietomedia.

I think everyone mentioning this issue in the forum ended up having an DEP capable AMD.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Yes, I don't recall anyone having this problem with a NX capable Pentium 4 or Pentium M.

I wish I would know what exactly causes this error, the hardware implementation of the NX flag is very simple in terms of transistor count so I'll blame Microsoft

The next CPU from VIA is rumoured to have NX capability but I'll wager that DT4 will preceed it's release by months. Some early benchmarks showed it's performance to be about 60-70% of similary clocked Pentium M's with ~20% lower power draw.
            Win2k3 & OSX Intel, 2GB DDR400 P4 2.6@3.55 H2O, 7800 GTX @480/1250 H2O, 1x74GB Raptor, 8x400GB RAID5

Comment

eRRor too

Operating System: Win xp
              Burning Software: NEro 6.6
              Anti-virus Software: Norton

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
              Try to change switch in boot.ini NoExecute=OptIn to NoExecute=AlwaysOff - if it works you can probably change it back after installation.

And please don't double/cross post! I removed your other post in suggestions forum. :wink:
              hmm hi Mr admin, where can i change

--> "switch in boot.ini NoExecute=OptIn to NoExecute=AlwaysOff - "?

how do i get there? thx

Comment

search terms for search.microsoft.com advanced search narrowed to category 3 (Support & Troubleshooting)

Information readily available on search.microsoft.com

Results #2, 3, and 4 describe Win XP, 2000, and 2003 respectively. Pick the KB article relating to the OS you use. The first line of one of the articles is "Provides the step-by-step instructions to edit the Boot.ini file"
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

thx for the fast reply dude..! got it working~~

Comment

Device setup error: code 25007 (0x61AF), -536870347 (0xE0000235). Contact your support personel

Operating System: Windows XP 64
                    Burning Software: None
                    Anti-virus Software: Spybot Search and Destroy, AVG
                    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47.0

I try to install the program following the turning the option to =AlwaysOff and I still get the error. I disable all toolbar programs running in the background. Still error..

Comment

Common Problems and Solutions

on3, read the "Daemon Tools v4/Windows XP x64 support" post under the Common Problems and Solutions forum. Summary: v3.47-no. v4.-yes.

The other people in this thread use 32 bit windows with DEP capable AMD processors.
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Operating System: Windows XP Home 32bit
                        Burning Software: Nero Burning ROM 6.6.0.16
                        Anti-virus Software: AVG

I still get the error
                        "Device setup error: code 25057 (0x61E1), 2 (0x2). Contact your support personnel"

I have amd 64 3500+ if that matters?

boot.ini NoExecute=OptIn to NoExecute=AlwaysOff Does not work for this

edit: Never mind got it to work sorry

Comment

cant get this fix to work, i dont have xp64

hi,

i have a barton 2500 and i cant get 3.47 installed. i looked at the boot.ini file and there is no line which you guys are referring to for my operating system. im afraid to add it and mess up the file.

any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

i was same problem ,but i dodit
                            first of all
                            1.do u have any blacklist program?sd7 or any program?delete or uninstall it.
                            2.run regedit and search your registry this blacklist program names and delete this keys.
                            3.delete daemon tools files and folders.
                            4.delete windows/system32/d347bus.sys and d347prt.sys
                            5.delete windows/system32/drivers/sptd.sys and spdt...sys(if u have)
                            6.delete windows/downloaded installations/daemon folder

Comment

I have problem to install Daemon-tools 3.47 (98SE)

I have old notebook computer.
                              I want to use this as electroic dictionary.
                              But I got same error massage "error code : 25057".

CPU 120Mhz
                              Ram 31MB (1 MB for video)
                              HDD 3GB
                              O S Win 98 SE

Daemon is First virtual CD program at the notebook computer.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X