• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD players dont play DVD after Damon install

Operating System: XP home
    Burning Software: Nero Express
    Anti-virus Software: Norton 2002
    DAEMON Tools Version: 3.47

I have this problem of my dvd player not playing dvds after daemon tools was installed. The problem persists even after unintalling.

I have searched this forum and found that about 4-5 people have this same or very similar problem. None of the ones I came across recieved a significant response from the Admin or someone else of usefulness.

If there is a solution to my problem I would be grateful if I got a response. If this is a known problem with Deamon and there is no wayt o fix it, I would also appreciate if I someone would tell me.

Re: DVD [playback] not working since I installed DT

"None of the ones I came across recieved a significant response from the Admin or someone else of usefulness" -- I think that comment may fall in the flaming category and I'd rather not talk about it and just pretend that the Admins do a very good job here.

I'm going to link to another thread where someone had this problem. But Nausicaa says, "when I uninstall then the problem is gone." So maybe not everyone has the same issues.:wink:

So...

What is the name and version of the DVD Playing software that is failing to work properly? If you paid for it you should contact the free tech support and maybe you'll find out that you don't have the most up-to-date patch available.

Speaking of software versions. Do you have the latest directX? How old are your videocard / sound drivers?

Does setting your DVD Player to non-overlay 'software only' rendering work? Does DVD Shrink (a freeware dvd compressor/player) play your DVD when set to software only rendering mode?

(Edit --> Preferences ... --> Preview tab

there is a checkbox called enable video and audio preview. Check it. The second drop down is called Select DirectX video renderer and the very last choice is 'Built-In Software Renderer' select that for this test. Click OK to apply. You should then exit and relaunch DVD Shrink for the new renderer to go into effect.)

You said your operating system is "XP home," have you applied any service packs (SP1 or SP2)? Are you getting any error messages from your DVD Player Software? Does Windows Media Player 6 or 7 play your DVD( if have a newer version the older version is usually still launchable by typing 'mplayer2' into the Start Menu--> Run dialog box)? Does Windows Media Player 9 play your DVD? Do you have drive-type Autoplay and OS-based AIN turned on? Is the name of your DVD disc viewable (when inserted) in the My Computer window or do you see just a drive letter with a blank label? Does AutoPlay launch the silly InterActual Player that tries annoyingly tries to install itself (an example disc with this software is 'The Matrix' DVD)
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Here's a link where Copytrooper talks about enabling AIN (Auto Insert Notification) and Autoplay (forum topic link) in case you want to enable these functions on your computer.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
      X